Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello
I think a properly tuned car should be about 2 seconds faster on a long track like Mugello when compared to the default setup. I would suggest downloading the setup market app and start trying the tunes that are provided. After a while you should be able to discern the differences in handling that different tuners tend to favor - loose rear end, or a car that tends to understeer on corner entry, etc. Then you'll be able to learn how to adjust their "base" tune to suit your driving characteristics.

Generally, I adjust the tire psi's first, set the gearing to hit the redline at the end of the longest straight, I'll add positive toe if I need more midcorner grip. Increasing negative camber also helps with midcorner grip. I usually need to move the brake bias backwards a little bit too to stop the brakes locking up to early. Just doing these things should increase your time quite a bit. To get the last few tenths it'll come down to being consistent (hitting the same braking point lap after lap) and fine tuning the rest of the suspension settings.

Correctly setting your tire pressures will have the most dramatic effect on your laptimes. Turn on the tire app in game and make sure all your tires have green psi numbers when hot.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index...ure.44697/

You should also practice in pro mode and only use the drivers aids that are factory. On most cars a smooth driver can be much faster than the traction control will allow, so its advisable to turn it off as much as possible. Stability control is disabled on most online servers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello - by Jason Jones - 12-23-2019, 05:25 PM