Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello
I'm no expert simracer and I only have like 200 hours in AC but I did get into the 2:01:xx timings both when practicing and in the race (even had the rare win this weekend!). From my experience (at least), you find the vast majority of time on the brakes, and the acceleration coming out of the corners (good lines would also help with that a lot).

Setups *do* help, but not to the extent some people think they do. Sometimes setups hurt you more than the base if they are not decent. One thing that I didn't expect is how deep the RS500 can go in the braking zone. I was thinking with it being a BTCC car from the 80s that it would be weak on the brakes, but I gained plenty of time when I just started throwing it into the corners, and for the amount of time in the race (20min), you don't really lose time from tyre deg because they don't have the time to degrade much!

As for your question at the end, when I was practicing the combo for the first time with default setups I got into the high 2:02 times but I'm sure I could have got it a bit lower if I stuck with the default.

For setup (take that with a grain of salt, I'm not the best at setups), I added some camber (and reduced tyre pressure a bit, found it a bit high), a bit more wing, moved brake bias backwards, hardened the back suspension a couple of clicks and softened the front one and that's about it. This might look like an unholy abomination to people who know how to do setups right, but what it did was good enough to have a very stable car, nice to drive Smile Didn't really mess with dampeners and stuff, I don't understand quite what their effect is yet.

If I remember correctly someone wrote a whole setup guide and gave it out as PDF to the Project Cars 2 modding community. I used to have it but not anymore, if you'd like to see it I'll try to find it again! For me 80% of the timings I do just come from practicing the track, and I'm sure someone more experienced could have said all of this better and more succinct but here you go, I hope something from all this helps you out! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lap times: Ford Sierra RS500 DTM at Mugello - by Nick Catsoudas - 12-23-2019, 11:40 AM