Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Automobilista 2 series starting August 12!
F trainers will be interesting. Probably decided by driver who spins the least rather than the fastest. Only 5 registered so far, I hope that goes up.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020
(08-12-2020, 12:25 PM)Michael Laws Wrote:  F trainers will be interesting. Probably decided by driver who spins the least rather than the fastest. Only 5 registered so far, I hope that goes up.
i´d say the 10 registered a good number, I´m trying to get more people from Reiza forum to come over and register.
PS. Sorry about T2 went straight cause of cold brakes at start.
(08-12-2020, 12:25 PM)Michael Laws Wrote:  F trainers will be interesting. Probably decided by driver who spins the least rather than the fastest. Only 5 registered so far, I hope that goes up.
My P2 finish proved your point nicely because I was not the second-fastest. This was the first time since starting with these cars that I managed 20 minutes without a spin, though I had a few rough patches. I just decided that I was going to be conservative so I could keep my podium spot. Even when I got a little closer to you I knew better than to try to race you as I'd just spin.

To anyone who tried to jump in and drive these cars without a lot of practice - I found them to be undrivable until I softened the rear anti-roll bar down to 3 and softened the rear springs 5 clicks. I also lowered the brake pressure a bit. Please don't give up on them just because of this one event! If I can handle them, you probably can too.
The first formula trainer race was fun.

I started very conservatively because the qualy with the cold tires really scared me and I didn't really practiced this car that much. Thanks to everyone spinning, I found myself in 4th position somehow. But someone punted me from behind, probably because I was really taking the last corner very slowly. From there I started to regain my confidence, still quite slow, but consistent enough to catch the group from 3 to 5. But then I discovered that I was running out of fuel (I don't know how I failed to calculate that correctly), which was a shame because I was close to start reaching my faster laps. Going to the pit stops I also discovered that there is no auto slow enabled for first gear like AC or ACC and received a 10 second penalty.

Interesting race, I would have probably finished in the back of the last split if more people joined, but it was fun anyway.
(08-13-2020, 12:23 AM)Armando Mossuto Wrote:  The first formula trainer race was fun.

I started very conservatively because the qualy with the cold tires really scared me and I didn't really practiced this car that much. Thanks to everyone spinning, I found myself in 4th position somehow. But someone punted me from behind, probably because I was really taking the last corner very slowly. From there I started to regain my confidence, still quite slow, but consistent enough to catch the group from 3 to 5. But then I discovered that I was running out of fuel (I don't know how I failed to calculate that correctly), which was a shame because I was close to start reaching my faster laps. Going to the pit stops I also discovered that there is no auto slow enabled for first gear like AC or ACC and received a 10 second penalty.

Interesting race, I would have probably finished in the back of the last split if more people joined, but it was fun anyway.
So that was why you went into the pits, that was so sad I thought we where gonna battle for third at that time.
Considering everything, was a very good first race. This series with more ppl would be much more fun, 1 sec lap time difference on this car is something huge. Brands is a tough track for this car, but more level ones, there will be much less spinning. And would be very difficult to catch up.
It was a fun race, people seemed to be considerate of each other as always.
I had about 5 spins of my own, but since others were spinning too I got away with it.
It's a shame three people quit. Unless you have terminal damage, you should never give up in this series as others are likely to have setbacks as well.
On another note, does anyone find that sometimes the car refuses to shift down from 2nd to 1st? Sometimes I have to press it more than once, in which case the timing is off and it's easy to spin.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020
guys please keep the discussion on the racing series discussion subforum, this post was not meant for this.
I hope the Formula Trainer will be organised at an earler part of the day. I really would like to compete.
Meanwhile, Good luck with the racing.
When can I expect to get the Gamivo credits for 1st place on championship?
Juge
So i tried to join last evenings F3 race, but when i clicked join nothing happened. No pop up nothing. unpacked in AMS2 root folder as instructed and entered Steam ID tag etc. any help would be appreciated. so happy to see SRS on AMS2 though Wink