Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Assetto Corsa Skin Transfer App V1.1
3. I dont know exactly, what u dont understand about this question. Its a question about how to use a downloaded skin from websites inside an SRS-Race.

5. Outside this period the app tells me "App only valid for Sim Racing System servers". So how it will work in an offline practice session?
3 - dowloaded or made from scratch skins work as long as the folder name requirement is set and it's less than 10 MB

4 - "Skin transfer begins 5 minutes before the session hour and ends at the end of qualy. Outside this period the app will return 'Skin Transfer Unavailable'
It will work online and offline (practice, race weekend etc...) meaning that you can use those 2 minutes between the 'please wait' and 'join' to upload your skin."
(10-28-2020, 11:15 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  3 - dowloaded or made from scratch skins work as long as the folder name requirement is set and it's less than 10 MB

4 - "Skin transfer begins 5 minutes before the session hour and ends at the end of qualy. Outside this period the app will return 'Skin Transfer Unavailable'
It will work online and offline (practice, race weekend etc...) meaning that you can use those 2 minutes between the 'please wait' and 'join' to upload your skin."

No, here it doesnt work as long as I am not connected to a SRS-server. The app doesnt upload anything. Its just saying "App only valid for Sim Racing System servers" (See screenshot). Nothing happens. Until now, I have never seen the message "Skin Transfer Unavailable".

When I am connected to a SRS server, cause the race starts soon, the app uploads my skin and tries to download other user skins until a timeout is reached (cause some guys didnt upload or whatever). No restart button appears until end. So, I have to reconnect manually to see the skins from other people?
5 mins before the session hour ?after the please wait button shows?
yes,
tried it 3x in this time window. Started local practice sessions. Same track, same car like the race I want to join next (I think, the track doesnt matter)
I mean, this behavior matches with the message "App only valid for Sim Racing System servers". Looks and sounds like,. if u are not playing on an SRS-server, the app won't even do anything.

After loading and sitting in the cockpit, I can see in the taskmanager the "SRSskintransfer.exe" has been started by the SRSSkin-App.
If I may.
If you register for a SRS race that starts at 8:00. The Skin app will start working at 7:55 and keep working until the end of Qualifying.
Try joining the race with the Join button, then look at what the app message is. 
Also maybe try reinstalling the app.
Dude, sorry, but u dont get, what we are talking about.

Just to summarize it for u:
- All works well, if I join an SRS server.
- The uploading doesn't work in the time window before the race in an offline session or online session on another server, like the description tells on first page.
- The message "Skin Transfer Unavailable" doesnt exist
Question 
Hello, I have 2 question:
  • Which files are uploaded to the server? Because I noticed that the helmet is not displayed in streams. If I could know, I could better optimize the skin folder and upload only the necessary, increasing the quality of the useful files.
  • If I also insert the helmet in the folder but it is not uploaded  in the server, does it also count in the overall 10mb?
However, if possible it would be nice to be able to add helmets as well.
Thanks in advance,
Dario
www.4funsimracing.com
The SRS app uploads everything in your named folder, so long as it doesn't exceed the 10MB (it's technically like 9.8MB or something... so I recommend <9MB to be sure).

As far as custom helmets, check out this old thread post where I go into the details on how to fool the app into uploading your helmet texture with reference in the json files and such: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...69#pid9869
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(11-02-2020, 12:42 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  The SRS app uploads everything in your named folder, so long as it doesn't exceed the 10MB (it's technically like 9.8MB or something... so I recommend <9MB to be sure).

As far as custom helmets, check out this old thread post where I go into the details on how to fool the app into uploading your helmet texture with reference in the json files and such: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...69#pid9869
Thank you Russell, I will try your tip. my folder is 9.95MB but until now SRSSkinapp has not given me problems in uploading. Fingers crossed Big Grin
www.4funsimracing.com