Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Assetto Corsa Skin Transfer App V1.1
(04-15-2020, 12:30 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  The app was updated 22/3/2020
https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7892

did you download that last version?

Yes, I had the last version. But it worked today. The only thing I did in between was to run the SRSskintransfer.exe from Explorer, and Windows asked the traditional "this is a new program from the internet, do you trust it" dialog. That could be related to why it didn't work earlier, perhaps Windows just didn't allow the AC app to run the exe.
Hi, I thought that custom skins are for the exclusive use of those who prepared them combined with their steam ID (as normally happens in other dedicated servers), instead I found that other pilots can use the skin with my name. Is this so?
I have to delete my name from the skins ... Confused
Yes, anyone can choose any other's skin... but take it as a compliment that they like yours!
And leave your name on there - they'll realize it looks foolish to drive around with a different name when showing off their YouTube moments to their friends.  Cool
One small thing you can do to help prevent that is add a ui_skin.json file (text file) with your details in it so that when others are looking at skins they see your name an country and so on, because in some cases they just don't realize the skin file name is the person it's for.

The json file content has the following format:

{
"skinname": "My SRS skin",
"drivername": "Maurizio Aiolfi",
"country": "Italy",
"team": "Stella",
"number": "20",
"priority": 1
}

I don't know what priority is, I just leave it at 1.

Also in the preview image you can add text saying this skin is reserved for you.
Quote:One small thing you can do to help prevent that is add a ui_skin.json file (text file) with your details in it so that when others are looking at skins they see your name an country and so on, because in some cases they just don't realize the skin file name is the person it's for.

The json file content has the following format:

{
"skinname": "My SRS skin",
"drivername": "Maurizio Aiolfi",
"country": "Italy",
"team": "Stella",
"number": "20",
"priority": 1
}

I don't know what priority is, I just leave it at 1.

Also in the preview image you can add text saying this skin is reserved for you.

thanks, I have already compiled the .json file with my name, in fact, selecting it appears.
Sorry guys kind of new here :
1-When it says to rename the Skin folder is the skin of the car  ? as and example : steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\abarth500_s1\skins    --- Should i rename the last folder to my user name ?
2-Does this app run automatically  ?
3-Should i run it from the website ? Or can i use content manager for AC?
4-If i run the app from the site does it work with VR ?
Thanks all
(09-12-2020, 11:09 PM)Ricardo Maya Wrote:  Sorry guys kind of new here :
1-When it says to rename the Skin folder is the skin of the car  ? as and example : steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\abarth500_s1\skins    --- Should i rename the last folder to my user name ?
2-Does this app run automatically  ?
3-Should i run it from the website ? Or can i use content manager for AC?
4-If i run the app from the site does it work with VR ?
Thanks all
1 - yeah, simple as that. Yours will have the folder name "ricardo_maya" if it is your name in game and do this in every car you want to use a custom skin
2 - you just need to enable in the AC options if you didn't do it yet.
3 - the app only works WHILE ON TRACK. So if it's your first time in SRS using your skin the app will first upload it to the server and then start to download the ones that people are using. You can check this progress by going to the app bar in game and searching for the "SRSSkin" app there. About content manager i've seem people using the SRS web page to register through there but personaly I've only used the default game launcher to register
4 - can't help you because i don't use VR but never seem people complaining about it
Just to be clear, you don't rename the "skins" folder to your name... you just create a folder INSIDE "skins" using your name and put your skin in that. Your example would be: steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\abarth500_s1\skins\ricardo_maya\[skinTexturesAndStuff]
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hello!

1. What, if I want to use a downloaded custom skin from e.g. "racedepartment.com"?
    Does the SRSSkin-App only work with the skin-folders named like my SRS user-name (in my case pierre_samoske) ?

2. The app will ignore a chosen custom skin in a folder named e.g. "00_NationWide_15" ?

3. So, I have to decide before the race, which downloaded skin a wanna drive created by others, and copy the content of that folder to my "pierre_samoske"-folder and choose the "pierre_samoske"-skin, when I want to register for the race? That it looks like this:

4. Do I have to create rules for the "...\assettocorsa\apps\python\SRSskin\SRSskintransfer.exe" in my windows-firewall (I am blocking all by default) ?

5. I don't understand, why I have to start e.g. a practice-session, 5 to 1 minutes before I join the SRS-race to upload a skin. Why the SRSSkin-App doesn't upload (my used skin), just after I joined the SRS-race-server?

6. I think, u should make ur first post (how to use SRSSkin) more clear and add some details.  Angel

Regards!
1, 2 - Skin folder name is a requirement, therefore a necessary condition to work.

3 - I don't understand your question

4 - it's not on the instructions, some users reported the need to whitelist the file, each user knows about their own system. Never did it on my computers.

5 - The instructions tell you the transfer period (Skin transfer begins 5 minutes before the session hour and ends at the end of qualy. Outside this period the app will return 'Skin Transfer Unavailable'), not when to start uploading the skin. You can start offline and let the skin upload, so that when you join the session, the skin is already uploaded (more likely to show on SRSTV) or you can join the server normally (upload starts as soon as you enter)