Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skin Tutorial (2d)
I was thinking about doing a tutorial on how to paint skins in 2d if any body was interested.
Was thinking.
-using free software (gimp)
-Step by step written guide and maybe have a video to accompany it.
Any thing else people would like to see covered. May get included or come later.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
i would love that, it could be great to make some fun skins Wink
good idea, people would be better recognisable on the track
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
Yes please I've been waiting for some kind of tutorial for a while now.
(02-26-2019, 10:11 AM)Lars Mars Wrote:  good idea, people would be better recognisable on the track

except......when somebody else uses your skin in a race, nothing you can do about it, maybe put PRIVATE SKIN in the preview. Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Yes, that would be exactly what I'm looking for! Big Grin

(02-26-2019, 02:12 PM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  
(02-26-2019, 10:11 AM)Lars Mars Wrote:  good idea, people would be better recognisable on the track

except......when somebody else uses your skin in a race, nothing you can do about it, maybe put PRIVATE SKIN in the preview. Big Grin

Yes, that could be a problem, but do such kind of people exist? Huh
(02-26-2019, 05:29 PM)Andrea Aru Wrote:  Yes, that could be a problem, but do such kind of people exist? Huh

LOL...Surely, you jest...!   Tongue
Will try and get something done for the weekend Smile

I'll do two versions.
The full on cheap skates edition. Using just Assetto Corsa templates and Gimp.

And one for those who have content manager. How to make templates/previews
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(02-25-2019, 06:58 PM)Michael Martin Wrote:  I was thinking about doing a tutorial on how to paint skins in 2d if any body was interested.
Was thinking.
-using free software (gimp)
-Step by step written guide and maybe have a video to accompany it.
Any thing else people would like to see covered. May get included or come later.

Yes please Smile
(02-26-2019, 05:29 PM)Andrea Aru Wrote:  Yes, that would be exactly what I'm looking for! Big Grin

(02-26-2019, 02:12 PM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

Yes, that could be a problem, but do such kind of people exist? Huh
Last series I was laying in my bed and tuned into a P1 race. I was surprised when I saw my car driving around. I was confused, because I'm pretty sure I wasn't driving at the moment  Big Grin

It's a bit dick move to just use somebody else's skin without asking. Doesn't matter if it looks good or not, somebody still spent their time to make it, and you could at least ask or let the author know. But nothing you can do about it. After all, if you want to parade around in a car with my name and flag on it, who am I to stop you  Big Grin

Back on topic: tutorial would be nice. I think I personally have technical aspect covered (artistry is another thing  Big Grin ), but I'd love to see how some other people are doing it.