Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Donington Park GP Exploit
Hey Phil, 
Couldn't disagree with you more mate. 
1. Even when I did not know that you can cut the track like that during the race without getting a penalty, I wanted to report this track not to be used on SRS again, because you can also cut the chicane without any penalty, and it just becomes a cut fest, just like it was a week ago in Audi championship. This GP track is just bad and just like Roman and others said, National version would be ok for now.

2. Mark, I dont understand... Joe did not do anything bad, he didnt cheat, he was curious about it, just like I was. But I never had a gap behind me that big to test it, so I wouldnt ruin the race for others. But I wanted to do the same as Joe, because I saw that you can cut it like that in quali, so I was curious what will happen in the race, if you get a penalty, because also a week ago in Audi, in fastest lap times, there were some strange fast times from guys you never saw before. And now, I just came back to PC after 2 days, before I was first in the fastest laps with Tatuus @ Donington, now I am not even in the top 10 after all these cheaters (not counting Joe between them)
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-02-2019, 07:35 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  1. because you can also cut the chicane without any penalty, and it just becomes a cut fest,

Per the track's support thread, the chicane cut were supposedly fixed in September 2018... Are people using the most recent version? Does SRS even check if anyone is using the same version?

Also, I have seen people doing a bit of cutting but once they got all wheels off the track it was gravel and slowed them down a lot.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
In some cars cutting through that sand is still faster than going around in bounds, if I recall correctly. I can't remember which car it was, but if you tried to race someone that was cutting the chicane but you yourself staying in bounds, a bad wreck was inevitable. And since their lap times get such a boost from the cut, the only way to PASS them without dying would be to cut yourself. Yuck.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
On the left side there is grass, on the right side is gravel. Anyway, the gravel on outside of turn one and turn three doesnt even slow you down if you go there
NEVER GIVE UP!
Even though I would love to see those cheaters banned for good I still think moving to National layout is the best course of action because it will ensure that no races in the future are going to be ruined anymore.

Also that chicane is always cutted mercilessly so it's another reason not to use GP layout.
I said yesterday in Discord after David Gomez spoke on the subject, for me the pilots who did that must be expelled for life from SRS, for anti-sports behavior, and as for the circuit, I suggest you use the National until I leave an improved version of the GP.
(01-03-2019, 11:47 AM)David Marques Wrote:  I said yesterday in Discord after David Gomez spoke on the subject, for me the pilots who did that must be expelled for life from SRS, for anti-sports behavior, and as for the circuit, I suggest you use the National until I leave an improved version of the GP.

Hey mate, thanks for posting that, I agree with you, shame to lose the GP layout for any amount of time due to this behaviour. One of the drivers that stole a podium from me yesterday is racing right now in the same race. Curious to see if he is foolish enough to repeat the offence. Cheers AussieStig

EDIT - The driver in question just cut the circuit 4 or 5 times during the 12:00 GMT Tatus race. Dishonestly taking the win.
(01-02-2019, 09:44 AM)Joe Hill Wrote:  So I was just in a Tatuus race, it was rather low pop and really uncompetitive so I thought I'd have a whack at seeing how bad the penalty was for cutting the last section of the track and just taking the shorter donington park national layout instead of the intended GP layout (meaning I skipped the chicane and both of the final hairpins. I ducked into the pits straight away to serve my penalty only to find I had none? There is 0 punishment for skipping the entire last section of the track. I doubt I'm the 1st to find this bug, and it may have been pointed out here before, but maybe the races should just be moved to the National layout as to avoid this issue? I don't know, but this is a strange, game braking one. (and yes despite there being no penalty, I gave back all the time I gained and some more.)

seriously joe hill.....cheating is cheating, permanent ban to him and everyone, there is no excuse, I hope that administrators do not have favoritism and do their duty, thank you
Without Joe reporting this, no one else would maybe post it here... as he stated, he waited and lost even more time. Why would we bury Joe for this come on
NEVER GIVE UP!