Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great SRS Platform
Heartily agree. Nothing but either random public lobbies or organised leagues is pretty sub-optimal, and I think we can all agree that iRacing's system has it down pat for organised daily racing you can hop into at any time. I haven't actually done any AMS or RaceRoom, but this is something AC sorely needed. Shoutout to making it all work as well, using booking servers, automatically downloading skins etc, it's all genius and so well done.

With SRS and things like Sol, AC's the place to be right now.
I really don't want to open a can of worms here, but I for one would be more than happy to pay, say, 2 Euros per month for SRS. 24 Euros per year to enjoy my hobby at this level is nothing. Obviously I only speak for myself. As many are attracted by SRS because it's free, I do not expect this idea to be popular. Just my heartfelt opinion.
(02-26-2019, 03:04 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  I really don't want to open a can of worms here, but I for one would be more than happy to pay, say, 2 Euros per month for SRS. 24 Euros per year to enjoy my hobby at this level is nothing. Obviously I only speak for myself. As many are attracted by SRS because it's free, I do not expect this idea to be popular. Just my heartfelt opinion.

It is something that has already been commented on other occasions and is not a matter of money, but of participation. Right now I understand that it is assumed but, imagine with 3000 people connected 24 hours. Here if you would need support from us.
I think SRS is set up to be free because the moment people start paying for something they feel entitled to request changes to that thing. I know if I ran a website for funsies and had thousands of neckbeards telling me what to change about my organization because THEY PAID THEIR 2 BUCKS A MONTH or something I would probably shut it down immediately. That's already the case currently, but he has the ability to simply ignore us if he wants. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(02-26-2019, 06:54 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I think SRS is set up to be free because the moment people start paying for something they feel entitled to request changes to that thing. I know if I ran a website for funsies and had thousands of neckbeards telling me what to change about my organization because THEY PAID THEIR 2 BUCKS A MONTH or something I would probably shut it down immediately. That's already the case currently, but he has the ability to simply ignore us if he wants. Big Grin

I was thinking of this objection just as was writing my post. How does Iracing do it, then? They charge a lot, on a take it or leave it basis, and they seem to be doing really well.
I could get behind an idea of a small paywall. I could see it as an incentive for people to be more respectful at the track. Maybe losing a little bit of money and/or having their payment info blocked would force people to drive more cleanly.

But on the other hand, iRacing is expensive AF and you see dumb moves all the time. And not to mention the point Russell made. People would request and complain all the time. "I want this, this and this" or "I've been banned but it's not my fault" and stuff like that all because "but muh money, bruh".

Ofc, I would change a couple of things to suite me better, and at the times it can be a shitshow on the track, but all in all, it's a great system and we're happy to have it. So props to admin and all the people behind the scenes. You can have a drink on me Big Grin
I also want to thank srs for the platform, and if you can donate something I would like to do it
Tongue
I hope, I think respect is not about money. Of course I would pay a little amount of money, but i played iracing as many others and I can't say SRS's drivers are less respectful than iRacing's.

Thank you very much SRS, you give life to AC!
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
(03-17-2019, 08:40 AM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  I hope, I think respect is not about money. Of course I would pay a little amount of money, but i played iracing as many others and I can't say SRS's drivers are less respectful than iRacing's.

Thank you very much SRS, you give life to AC!

Its because there is no safety rating classifying the racers....

Yep not better than iracing platform but its free we have hourly races and for me.... AC is way better than iracing on physics.

But i agree with you, sadly. On the first splits you can experience clean races btw , as you can watch here IMOLA@PORSCHE 911 http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6258
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx
This platform alone has brought back my love for simracing, as I can't (or don't want to)afford iRacing. League's are cool but at the end they tend to be a little tedious, and open lobies... better not to talk of them.  Here is easy to get into a race and have good competition.

I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that RSR doesn't have more active population, for a free service you can't honestly expect more, I don't think there's something better for AC. Just imagine if we had something like 100 people for almost every race  Cool every race would be stacked.

All I wish for now is for the RSS F3 to be on the daily series in the next rotation  Heart .

And for the pay-service debate, SRS would need a lot more population for that.