Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Protest Etiquette
Hello all, quick question...

How often do people actually lodge protests about race incidents?

I've read that discussing incidents here is forbidden, so I'm not mentioning anything in particular here, other than the last few races I've entered I've had the lovers kiss from behind (sometimes twice per race!) which I could do little to nothing about.

I get the impression that unless the incident is very serious indeed (driving across corners to deliberately hit someone), it is not really the done thing to protest about another driver. I just wanted to check this, as it might be that actually in reporting drivers who clearly forget their braking points in close racing, the standard of driving overall might improve? I'm not saying that's the case, just interested to know what people think.

On a related note, I really enjoyed the last few races of the 500+ rating Jordan F1 races, as there were very few incidents... Are these minimum rating races likely to happen again?
fill the protest and we'll reply.
I think a protest should be filed when:
1- rules have been broken
and
2- no attempt to atone for it has been made.

But yeah, everybody's feeling it, it seems, this week has been bad.
I'm not sure if it is the newer drivers causing the extra havok, but I can only assume that more and more people are learning about SRS. I've started to become a redditor in the last few weeks (is that what they are called?) in the sim racing scene, and there are more and more posts referring to SRS, simracingsystem.com, etc. now than there were just a few weeks ago. I'm guessing that RaceRoom brought a whole lot of folks along with, and at least some of those folks already had Assetto Corsa and are racing in AC now as well.

The more people the better, but the more people, the higher quantity of people who have only been playing with themselves start joining in. Filing protests against careless drivers is a great way to make it clear that we foster a culture of clean racing here and shenanigans will not be tolerated.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
it is worser and worse, Tatuus now ,in lap 1 T2 nowhere to go, punted from rear from someone who has enought time to slow (but why when i can stop with help of car in front and save brake pads) then in lap 2 puntedoff track by diver behind again in style Hey I AM faster , get out my way, ii am starting to hate this , how such a EXPERTS can be on server 1??

so i am not happy but only possibility is fill the report , butit is time costly to make and upload usable video to youtube,, i am angry when day from 4 races 3 totaly destroyed by 1st lap stu...ds
(03-29-2018, 09:51 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  it is worser and worse, Tatuus now ,in lap 1 T2 nowhere to go, punted from rear from someone who has enought time to slow (but why when i can stop with help of car in front and save brake pads)   then in lap 2 puntedoff track by diver behind again in style Hey I AM faster , get out my way,  ii am starting to hate this ,  how such a EXPERTS can be on server 1??

so i am not happy but only possibility is fill the report , butit is time costly to make and upload usable video to youtube,,  i am angry when  day from 4 races 3 totaly destroyed by 1st lap stu...ds

Yes I feel your pain Michal. Out of three races in the Tatuus I've been hit from behind in every one, and had people spin in front of me in two.

Perhaps because it is Easter holidays there are more people racing who usually don't?

I'm still reluctant to post an incident report, just because it feels like it might take away from what is usually a very friendly atmosphere here. That said, I've saved the replays so if it happens again then I think it will be worth letting those who are doing this know that it doesn't go un-noticed.
Tatuus is a carnage.....in 2 races i've run no more than 3 laps.....T1 assault and people spinning along all the track, Yesterday was watching the youtube Brands Hatch streaming....well two cars managed to crash on the straight
Be advised, you can only file an incident within 48 hours of your race. So if you are planning on saving up incidents until you can't stand it anymore and then report dozens of people, it won't be possible. I record a video right after a race if I have time, and later in the evening if I do not. If I don't hear from someone who I recorded an incident video for in the first 24 hours and I feel the report is justified, I file it on the second day.

But exceptions to this are when I record someone who blatantly dive bombs t1 lap 1 and doesn't immediately chime up in chat with at least SOME excuse like "oh god i'm so sorry i locked up and got hit from behind and i hate my life" then I report them straight away. You guys should all be reporting these t1 lap one people if they are just straight up not braking and plowing in. They'll get the message if you SEND THE MESSAGE.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-29-2018, 08:32 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'm not sure if it is the newer drivers causing the extra havok, but I can only assume that more and more people are learning about SRS. I've started to become a redditor in the last few weeks (is that what they are called?) in the sim racing scene, and there are more and more posts referring to SRS, simracingsystem.com, etc. now than there were just a few weeks ago. I'm guessing that RaceRoom brought a whole lot of folks along with, and at least some of those folks already had Assetto Corsa and are racing in AC now as well.

The more people the better, but the more people, the higher quantity of people who have only been playing with themselves start joining in. Filing protests against careless drivers is a great way to make it clear that we foster a culture of clean racing here and shenanigans will not be tolerated.

"higher quantity of people who have only been playing with themselves ".......lol......what is this a singles site?....Are you tired of playing with yourself?, here @ SRS, we take pride in "getting you off " to a good start! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin...If you aren't completely "satisfied" feel free to protest your experience as we like to make it a group effort.
(03-29-2018, 11:23 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Be advised, you can only file an incident within 48 hours of your race. So if you are planning on saving up incidents until you can't stand it anymore and then report dozens of people, it won't be possible. I record a video right after a race if I have time, and later in the evening if I do not. If I don't hear from someone who I recorded an incident video for in the first 24 hours and I feel the report is justified, I file it on the second day.

But exceptions to this are when I record someone who blatantly dive bombs t1 lap 1 and doesn't immediately chime up in chat with at least SOME excuse like "oh god i'm so sorry i locked up and got hit from behind and i hate my life" then I report them straight away. You guys should all be reporting these t1 lap one people if they are just straight up not braking and plowing in. They'll get the message if you SEND THE MESSAGE.

Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't realised about the time limit.

Also:
"You must provide a link to an uploaded video that clearly shows the incident from cockpit and TV cameras with names visible"

Could anyone let me know the simplest way of doing this?
I have the replays saved, and I think I can figure out how to upload an unlisted youtube video. But I'm not sure about getting the names to be visible.. Or how many camera angles to use, e.g. just a cockpit and one/two TV angles?
(...also I'm not actually sure how to edit the replays saved within AC, any quick idiot's guide to that around? Thanks!)