Sim Racing System
Tracks with exploits - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tracks with exploits (/showthread.php?tid=9475)

Pages: 1 2

Tracks with exploits - Andrzej Gruszka - 09-26-2020

Last night when checking the replay of an extremely messy race at Summit Point, I noticed one of the drivers taking a shortcut from T4, through the grass straight to T7, gaining plenty of positions. I would expect the game to give him a 15s slowdown penalty, but he just continued on to next lap as if nothing happened. I believe another driver did the same trick in Q to get a better track position, which may not be as bad, but still nowhere near fair. There certainly is a loophole in this track's constitution and it's very disappointing to see people here using it to cheat. I suppose I could (or maybe even should) report them and that may end with some bans, but maybe instead of thinning the number of drivers we could just eliminate the tracks that allow this kind of behaviour, or if someone can get in touch with the authors of those mods, ask if they could mend those issues.
Autodrom Most seems to have a similar problem - just from looking at the fastest race laps in the Euro GT3. If that 1:27 is actually legit then I'd very much like to see it.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Tim Cullingworth - 09-26-2020

If a driver has taken advantage of a track cut it needs reporting. Tracks might have loopholes but it is the drivers that have knowingly taken advantage of it.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Gianluca Roncaglia - 09-26-2020

[quote pid='41881' dateline='1601145598']
I totally agree with Tim. It is to the drivers to respect the rules, and reporting this would prevent such kind of abuses (that fortunately are not that frequent here) in the future.
[/quote]

RE: Tracks with exploits - Michal Ringes - 09-26-2020

Just report them ,if someone is so stupid that he doesnt understand where the track goes or doesnt give a shit about fair play he will get punished acordingly.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Omer Kinay - 09-26-2020

I think there's no need for a replay to identify such occurrences as sector times will usually reveal them (e.g., there are three odd fastest race laps at Summit Point, all of which have <25s Sector 2 splits whereas nobody else ever did <29s during a race).

I don't drive in Euro GT3 series but it seems like the problem with Autodrom Most is at Sector 1. I noticed that there are three drivers who have <20s split at this sector.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Andrzej Gruszka - 09-26-2020

Ok, I will report the guy who did it in the race (I don't have the Q replay anymore).

As much as I enjoy Summit Point (Autodrom Most not so much), I still believe such tracks shouldn't be in the rotation, because:
- while it is a good idea to check the sectors, someone has to take the time to do it and still obtain video proof if something looks fishy; also, if someone has a big incident in that sector, they can regain the time lost this way without anyone noticing - so people might still get away with it,
- there is no record of the qualifying session, apart from the top 10 overall times, so as long as they aren't too obvious, some people might gain an unfair advantage there.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Alexandre Queirós - 09-27-2020

(09-26-2020, 06:02 PM)Andrzej Gruszka Wrote:  Last night when checking the replay of an extremely messy race at Summit Point, I noticed one of the drivers taking a shortcut from T4, through the grass straight to T7, gaining plenty of positions. I would expect the game to give him a 15s slowdown penalty, but he just continued on to next lap as if nothing happened. I believe another driver did the same trick in Q to get a better track position, which may not be as bad, but still nowhere near fair. There certainly is a loophole in this track's constitution and it's very disappointing to see people here using it to cheat. I suppose I could (or maybe even should) report them and that may end with some bans, but maybe instead of thinning the number of drivers we could just eliminate the tracks that allow this kind of behaviour, or if someone can get in touch with the authors of those mods, ask if they could mend those issues.
Autodrom Most seems to have a similar problem - just from looking at the fastest race laps in the Euro GT3. If that 1:27 is actually legit then I'd very much like to see it.
I think I know what race you are talking about, the driver that did it actually ended up winning the race.

Something that's also frustrating with SummitPoint is how going off at certain places means your lap doesn't get counted and you have to do an extra lap, even if you don't shortcut. This also happened in VIR.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Gianluca Roncaglia - 09-27-2020

(09-27-2020, 10:22 AM)Alexandre Queirós Wrote:  
(09-26-2020, 06:02 PM)Andrzej Gruszka Wrote:  Last night when checking the replay of an extremely messy race at Summit Point, I noticed one of the drivers taking a shortcut from T4, through the grass straight to T7, gaining plenty of positions. I would expect the game to give him a 15s slowdown penalty, but he just continued on to next lap as if nothing happened. I believe another driver did the same trick in Q to get a better track position, which may not be as bad, but still nowhere near fair. There certainly is a loophole in this track's constitution and it's very disappointing to see people here using it to cheat. I suppose I could (or maybe even should) report them and that may end with some bans, but maybe instead of thinning the number of drivers we could just eliminate the tracks that allow this kind of behaviour, or if someone can get in touch with the authors of those mods, ask if they could mend those issues.
I think I know what race you are talking about, the driver that did it actually ended up winning the race.

Something that's also frustrating with SummitPoint is how going off at certain places means your lap doesn't get counted and you have to do an extra lap, even if you don't shortcut. This also happened in VIR.

This is what htappened to me today, as I now understand; I got off track at T3 and the lap wasn't counted. I reported it in another thread and will refere to track creator.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Alex Nelson - 09-29-2020

I don't think tracks should be taken out of rotation because an extremely small amount of cheaters exploit loopholes in them. Just save your replays, and report these guys. My favorite thing about SRS is the sheer amount of different tracks/cars used. I don't want that number to get any smaller just because some A-hole decides to cheat. Save your replay, report the cheaters, keep SRS clean.

RE: Tracks with exploits - Sergio Mendez - 09-29-2020

I’m sure every guy that go for exploits will be permanently banned from srs so... I agree with Alex.