Sim Racing System
AMS2 Ginetta series - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AMS2 Ginetta series (/showthread.php?tid=9263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Sergio Mendez - 09-04-2020

... A guy disconnected from the race and I lost connection with the server, this game doesn't seem ready for multiplayer yet.... Sad

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Michael Martin - 09-04-2020

Something going on here.

At the start one of the players said they hoped nobody disconnects.

First Sergio lost connection and then me.

Possible hack?

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Neville Ridgely - 09-04-2020

I got disconected as well.  Sad and my "survive T1 & T2" strategy was working so well.

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Jason Chamberlain - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 06:10 PM)Neville Ridgely Wrote:  I got disconected as well.  Sad and my "survive T1 & T2" strategy was working so well.
I was the one who told everyone to stay connected and I assure you that I did nothing during the race but the occasional off and an optimistic lunge into one turn. I approach these GT4 races with the same level of optimism as Nicholas Lattifi approaches a GP. I don't know what happened with this one.

I've done ~10 AMS2 races with SRS and this is the first time I've seen this.

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Michael Martin - 09-04-2020

Good to know no malice behind it. Just a weird coincidence.
It was going well for me. Stayed out of trouble and just started to make progress when everyone did a Houdini.

I was close to Jukka! More than a steam's achievement! I hope next time we'll be luckier with the server connections. Thanks for the racing guys.

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Simon Ford - 09-04-2020

Had an eventful race, spun at T2 did someone hit me?
Let most of field past and then started the fightback. Got back up to 4th and a good fight with Tomas before I was also disconnected.
No idea what happened, first disconnect for me as well

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Jason Chamberlain - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 06:32 PM)Simon Ford Wrote:  Had an eventful race, spun at T2 did someone hit me?
Let most of field past and then started the fightback. Got back up to 4th and a good fight with Tomas before I was also disconnected.
No idea what happened, first disconnect for me as well
Anyone know the process for contacting an admin for this? Since we started with >6 racers, it took the last 2 as finishing and official. It is completely absurd that I should get so many points from this race while everyone else but Tomas gets nothing. 

I will start with the protest forum. With all the disconnects, in my opinion, nobody should get any points from this and we'll try again over the weekend. Plus, if I do another race I'd like to have it reflect the true results and not the ridiculous 89 points I got from this one.

RE: AMS2 Ginetta series - Simon Ford - 09-04-2020

[quote pid='41425' dateline='1599245256']
Take the points, mechanical failures happen, bad batch of engine valves, wrong mix in the alloy. Other people failed to finish.
I still had fun. Just hope we have enough turn up for another race tomorrow or sunday

[/quote]

Points mean nothing Jason!Don't worry!