Sim Racing System
What is considered an incident? - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What is considered an incident? (/showthread.php?tid=8373)

What is considered an incident? - Maxime Tremblay-Savard - 05-02-2020

I was wondering, what is considered an incident? I understand that hitting someone is most likely one, what about going on the grass? Or lightly hitting a wall?

RE: What is considered an incident? - Ricardo Jantarada - 05-02-2020

(05-02-2020, 09:55 PM)Maxime Tremblay-Savard Wrote:  I was wondering, what is considered an incident? I understand that hitting someone is most likely one, what about going on the grass? Or lightly hitting a wall?
I hope I'm not wrong but i think every type of contact is considered an incident, mostly cars and walls. Even after the race is over it will still count contacts as incident. Qualy and practice don't count.

RE: What is considered an incident? - Simon Meisinger - 05-02-2020

Yes, that's correct.

RE: What is considered an incident? - Lawrence Nelson - 05-03-2020

I pretty sure if your crew chief warns you for track limits it's an incident.
It's considered an off, even if you don't hit anything.

RE: What is considered an incident? - Maxime Tremblay-Savard - 05-03-2020

Does damaging the car on some part of the track count also? For example, when entering the Caroussel on Nordschleif, I often find myself damaging the bumpers as I get in the caroussel, is that considered an incident?

RE: What is considered an incident? - Igor Relja - 05-03-2020

@Lawrence, there are no incidents for going off, at least in Assetto. Only contact with other cars or environment like walls and stuff.

@Maxime, I think it can, but I don't think you can scrape the car enough to damage it just from driving. I could be wrong though.

RE: What is considered an incident? - Russell Sobie - 05-03-2020

(05-03-2020, 02:35 PM)Lawrence Nelson Wrote:  I pretty sure if your crew chief warns you for track limits it's an incident.
It's considered an off, even if you don't hit anything.
Nope. Going off track to avoid folks and getting a "cut track" even bad enough to trigger AC's horrible penalty system doesn't count towards incidents. Additionally, I've lost control overdriving the car and slide around in the grass alone and never got an incident for those either. JUST going off track means nothing for that value.

(05-03-2020, 02:58 PM)Maxime Tremblay-Savard Wrote:  Does damaging the car on some part of the track count also? For example, when entering the Caroussel on Nordschleif, I often find myself damaging the bumpers as I get in the caroussel, is that considered an incident?
Possibly? As mentioned above, I've gone off track before and not received a ding, but I am pretty sure at least once I've gone off track into a divot deep enough where it damages my car, and that counted. I think. Maybe it only counts non-car/car collisions if you are off track?

My understanding is that it is only collisions with other physics objects, and nothing else. So basically cars, some cones/signage, and static collision.

RE: What is considered an incident? - Simon Meisinger - 05-03-2020

it's a bit buggy though so I think it's possible that bottoming out too hard like you do in the Carousel might cause an incident

RE: What is considered an incident? - Lawrence Nelson - 05-04-2020

Right on! : )