Sim Racing System
Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races (/showthread.php?tid=3607)

Pages: 1 2

Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Neil de Guzman - 06-20-2018

Well, just wanna make a thread for people racing this series, America, Asia or Euro...
So far it's been fun! Aside from lapped cars affecting results for top 3 cars, it's a pretty technical car to drive without the set up options to make things more complicated. Honestly, I saw that thread regarding lapping cars and how to behave, but in almost every SIM Racing forums, unwritten rules differ so much in every title, who wrote them and what we see in live races and real life racing.
Anyways, I don't mind them that much.. I didn't mean to make this a race incident thread, I know it's forbidden.  Blush
To Tobi, who won the last race I participated in, asked if I changed tyres, yes I changed tyres. I'm not supposed to, but I am willing to take risk and push the cars limit and wished to mix up the strategies... Clearly I was catching up a second per lap, but made mistakes trying to pass lapped cars. Not necessarily their fault or mine, just racing norms IMO.

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Jaroslav Černý - 06-25-2018

Blue flag rule are clear cut and simple. But SRS does not seem to show any even basic CRC rules to new users neither does AC so that people learn at least these basics. And AC has no built in penalty system certainly not a sensible one.
Setup options seem open for this series but I can't say from my experience with it that it's a good car for the insanely bumpy AC tracks with it's allowed options.

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Neil de Guzman - 06-25-2018

I don't claim the fastest lap each week, but I'm there top 3ish? I just said that because I use default set up, and it's not that hard to drive and the tracks are still good. I don't seem to feel any undesirable bumps... It is bumpy sometimes, of course if I am pushing hard and I am at the edge of every rumble strip.

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - James Blint - 06-25-2018

The GT4 is a little bumpy but nothing compared to the GT3 Cup. I came to hate that car in the end because of it.

By the way, anyone knows how to see engine damage like in percent? Im almost certain i ve lost power during the last race being too aggressive on downshifts at the beginning, then getting that flashing red engine on the kunos damage hud. Maybe there s a more elaborated app i have missed ?

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Michael Butler - 06-26-2018

(06-25-2018, 11:57 PM)James Blint Wrote:  The GT4 is a little bumpy but nothing compared to the GT3 Cup. I came to hate that car in the end because of it.

By the way, anyone knows how to see engine damage like in percent? Im almost certain i ve lost power during the last race being too aggressive on downshifts at the beginning, then getting that flashing red engine on the kunos damage hud. Maybe there s a more elaborated app i have missed ?
Transmission damage may be different than engine damage or it may be both are affected by missed shifts or shifting at the wrong moment, I've experienced slow downs that may be attributed to body damage affecting aero but i'm not sure if it's just tires slowing me down or what. Love the GT4 ! Gt3 not so much.

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Peter Winkler - 06-26-2018

(06-25-2018, 11:57 PM)James Blint Wrote:  The GT4 is a little bumpy but nothing compared to the GT3 Cup. I came to hate that car in the end because of it.

on nordschleife you will really start to hate it
will be a incident Party again ……

:-)

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Neil de Guzman - 06-26-2018

Regarding bumpy cars, I find open wheelers real bumpy, though not much seen because all you see is the horizon. As for GT cars, everything on screen moves because of the tin top and dashboard, etc moving up and down. It's alright though. I mean this GT4 car. Anyways, I wish I can race without issues. My internet provider seems worse this month, 4 kick outs now, Does anyone know if it matters if I am racing in GT4 Asia, America or Euro? They're on the same servers yes? I just wonder because I am in Asia and I am having a hard time keeping a stable connection. I race GT4 America only because that's when I am available to race. I wonder how my other Asian friends are doin...

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - James Blint - 06-26-2018

(06-26-2018, 12:15 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

Transmission damage may be different than engine damage or it may be both are affected by missed shifts or shifting at the wrong moment, I've experienced slow downs that may be attributed to body damage affecting aero but i'm not sure if it's just tires slowing me down or what. Love the GT4 ! Gt3 not so much.

Yeah clearly when you get max damage at 60% on SRS after a big wreck, you will loose time like 1s a lap at least i think, for me it's race over . Anyway i ve tested earlier, it is specifically engine damage when downshifting too aggressively with the GT4, although i found out it can be repaired (about 2s of pit time for 1 bad downshift) so in case you are refueling/swapping tyres there s plenty of time to fix it.

Found this app digging deep on RD, if this is any use to somebody
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/real-display-damage-by-luc1gnol0.4736/
It can stay permanently on the screen modifying the .ini but still no percentages.

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Russell Sobie - 06-27-2018

Great way to get rid of the bumpy ride is to use Real Head Motion which attempts to counteract camera orientation being locked to car orientation (something the human brain does without you even thinking about it). I've started to use it recently and it's pretty great. Doesn't work with head tracking of any sort (TrackIR, Facetrack, or any VR), however.

Original website doesn't have the latest version, but you can get one that works with AC 64bit here, with an Assetto Corsa Forums Login:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-1-0-2.4755/

RE: Porsche GT4 1Hour Races - Alex Leif - 06-27-2018

I have been using RHM for ages and I can't drive without it now! Try it if you haven't - but don't bother with the version on their website it is WAY out of date; get it from the thread in the AC forum as Russell says.