Sim Racing System
GT3 1 hour racing - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: GT3 1 hour racing (/showthread.php?tid=3212)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

GT3 1 hour racing - Marc Neutelings - 05-10-2018

I want to race my first 1 hour race in a GT3 car with mandatory pitstop. Uptill now i only participated in 20 minutes racing and that's relative short and intense.

Only i have no idea when how many times to pit, tyre choice and amount of fuel . I was planning on the Mclaren 650S to race at Brands Hatch this evening. I think fuel consumption is set at 170%.

Who can help me out?

Marc

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Alex Leif - 05-10-2018

In general, if you can make hard tyres last 30 min and therefore only have 1 pitstop that is likely to be optimal. Of course if you can make mediums last 30 min that is probably better.
However using mediums for 3 * 20m stints is going to be slower for example than 2 * 30m on hards, as it takes a lot of seconds to change tyres.
In the Porsche GT1 series I only saw the race won by 1 stop strategies never 2 stops. Every time on hards except one time I chased a guy all the way who did 1 stop using mediums all the way and won, but I couldn't make mediums last 30m myself, not gentle enough lol!

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Zoltan Marton - 05-10-2018

In this GT3 championship the tyre usage is a bit different, now it is managable to use only 1 set of meds and stop for only fuel. My strategy today was 1 med with full tank and after 40 min i put the needed fuel for the rest of the race and had softs for the last 18 min. It could have worked if i hadn't been taken out 3 times by 3 different people. You can try to stop 2 times for softs but its not really that much better than only 1 stop for meds. Good luck.

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Michal Janak - 05-10-2018

I did yesterday my 1st try with BMW, i was on hard ones and 1/2 of fuel, the tyres maybe can last whole race but tyre change and fuel add to 1/2 of needed is the same time, but then better use Medium tyres

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Julius Maaten - 05-10-2018

If you split the fuel load between 30 minutes and 30 minutes(something like 90L on Mercedes AMG), the tyre change only takes like 5 seconds more than the refueling. When doing the 30 minute stints, the medium tyres felt like ice skates for the last 3-4 laps, but i stuck to mediums because I am noob Smile

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Marc Neutelings - 05-11-2018

Thanx for the answers guys, got some planning to do lol

Been testing the meds for half an hour on brands hatch and i like them better then hard tyres. Can't get those on temperature for some reason.

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Michael Martin - 05-12-2018

Thanks for the discussion. May have to give this a try this evening.

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Owen Pyrah - 05-12-2018

This may seem funny but I joined the Euro race last night and realised I've never properly raced GT3. I think I confused it with GT2 and was expecting to be able to pick the Ferrari 458 GT2. Seems to be a good series and, despite wobbling around at the back of the pack, the cars seem to be fairly well balanced.

Has anyone driven many of the GT3 cars enough to give a bit of perspective on which ones to choose based on their driving characteristics?

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Michael Martin - 05-12-2018

My first 1 hour long gt3 race and really enjoyed it.
Had a slow start and lost a few places but that seems to be the norm. Bit of strategy and managed to go a few laps further than the person i was racing before pitting. Almost backfired as went to zero fuel as i entered the pits. Came out in front and just stayed there.

Medium tires could have gone further so i think next time i'll start with a full tank and fill up less at the pit stop.

RE: GT3 1 hour racing - Dawid Melnarowicz - 05-12-2018

(05-12-2018, 02:14 PM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  This may seem funny but I joined the Euro race last night and realised I've never properly raced GT3. I think I confused it with GT2 and was expecting to be able to pick the Ferrari 458 GT2. Seems to be a good series and, despite wobbling around at the back of the pack, the cars seem to be fairly well balanced.

Has anyone driven many of the  GT3 cars enough to give a bit of perspective on which ones to choose based on their driving characteristics?

Assetto Corsa has probably the best GT3 BOP of all sims, so excluding old GT3s (old Audi, McLaren, Mercedes, maybe BMW) all cars are well balanced. Generally from what I noticed from my other GT3 league 2 best cars are 650s and Huracan, where 650s is slightly better on handling tracks, and Huracan is slightly better on power tracks. But it's all up to you which car you'll choose, because you can setup every car to your style.
Personally I race with Lambo because it handles neutral, and I find out how to setup this car properly Wink - but it's my subjective opinion Wink
Cheers and have a nice season Wink