Sim Racing System
Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? (/showthread.php?tid=2528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Pierre Caillet - 03-02-2018

It's been a week or so since R3E appeared on SRS and it must have given many of us who had tried it before an occasion to give it another go.
So, my question is : who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ?

I must say I'm not. I had only 10 hours on it and I've reached 18 now but I don't think there will be many more, sadly. Too many things not making the cut (quality in VR, questionable physics (in the DTM Mercedes anyway), lack of information during the race and of apps, generally).

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Russell Sobie - 03-02-2018

Can't skin cars. I'm out. Big Grin

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Pierre Caillet - 03-02-2018

Yeah, that too Smile

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Jack Dyer - 03-02-2018

I've only managed one DTM race so far and it left me feeling a bit ill.
The framerate is up and down like a yo-yo, I can't seem to get any stability at all. Plus the UI is basically useless it seems in VR.
I will continue to play around with the settings but its kinda frustrating when comparing how easy AC or PC2 was to setup with the Rift.

As for the actual game it drives fine, very good selection of cars and tracks. Just wish i could join in with the fun Big Grin

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Pierre Caillet - 03-03-2018

Actually, I had another question : do your replays from R3E work ? Mine don't. There's no preview image and the game just freezes when I ty to load them.
And no replay, no protest, right ? (and you don't even know who hit you because the game won't tell you...)

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Lee Taylor - 03-03-2018

ive like RR for a while already,

but with more multiplayer racing it's actually starting to put me off as its turning into a slow down simulator

also vr users should turn shadows off and just use contact shadows, low reflections too and low car lods and it will run fine

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Crispin Williamson - 03-03-2018

I find the lack of apps a real problem compared to AC. Makes u really appreciate AC

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Will Dawson - 03-04-2018

I only decided to give it a go because of SRS. Overall I like it but there are a few issues I noticed straight away, the first being a lack of decent feedback (FFB, audio or visual) as to when I'm locking up or spinning my wheels making it difficult for me to know how to adjust to prevent it happening again in later laps.

Another thing that could just be a symptom of me solely playing AC previously is that some of the cars/tracks scale seems a bit off causing me to put wheels on the grass unexpectedely, guess I'll have to practice for that.

Lastly the FFB going mental when in the gravel can go and suck copious amounts of lemons...

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - José Paulo Miranda - 03-04-2018

(03-03-2018, 03:57 AM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Actually, I had another question : do your replays from R3E work ? Mine don't. There's no preview image and the game just freezes when I ty to load them.
And no replay, no protest, right ? (and you don't even know who hit you because the game won't tell you...)

helo Pierre

you have to Exit the game after the race by SRS and then back in. Then you'll be able to open your replay.

Salut

RE: Who's convinced by R3E now who wasn't before ? - Pierre Caillet - 03-05-2018

Indeed, it works now. Obrigado José.