Sim Racing System
Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Raceroom App (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Raceroom App Download & Instructions (/showthread.php?tid=2435)

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Brandon Waters - 02-25-2018

Finally got it to work, clear to testing if I could join a race. Now it won't the you quit/withdraw from a race however without an error. After reloading and restarting the app a few times it let me out.

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Emilio Alvuado - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 06:07 PM)Hi.I also had the Javascript error, but clicking OK everything worked fine (GT3 race). The only problem I had was that I had to click Join twice to make it work, the first time I only got the Javascript error but the second one, after clicking OK, I got the Steam popup asking for permission as expected. Victor OBrien Wrote:  
(02-25-2018, 12:59 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  When did you download the app?
Do you belong to S2 beta team?

(02-25-2018, 12:10 AM)Joshua Homan Wrote:  I tried to join the GTR3 race and was unable to join as the session was changing. I tried to join through the browser but couldn't due to not having the password so I then tried to go back through the SRS app, When I click Join now I get a Javascript error popup, RaceRoom starts to load, then crashes.

Same thing is happening to me

Error is xxrrrexxrrre://multiplayer/join?data=%7b%22multiplayerjoin%2

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Adrien Chotard - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 06:56 PM)Victor OBrien Wrote:  
(02-25-2018, 06:17 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  if you click ok you should be ok

I did. Then it starts to load, then it crashes. 
identical i click starts to load and crashes

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Jim Gorman - 02-25-2018

I have tried and failed, twice now, to register and join a Raceroom race. I thought I had closely followed the instructions at the start of this thread.

I have seen the same various 'errors' as described in comments above. For me, the SRS app loads Raceroom, after I click OK on the Steam popup,  Raceroom loads, I 'press any key to continue' and I finish up in Raceroom's main menu. ...and then I do not connect to the race server.

So, I just re-checked my settings in my SRS account, User CP, Edit Profile section. I have now noticed I had NOT checked the Raceroom checkbox in the 'Simulators you use'.

I assume it is necessary to have this checkbox ticked for the SRS launcher app to function correctly. Perhaps not. I don't know yet. Here's hoping the third time works a charm. I'll re-edit this post later to report after my next attempt.

Update: This was the cure for my problem. The game finally connected to the server. (I should emphasise, I was able to register ok, previously, but the game did not connect to the race server.) Unfortunately, my race ended with a lost connection 5 minutes from the end. I'm sure these are simply teething issues. My advice is, re-check your settings but, above all, remain calm. You will get there.

[attachment=173]

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Rui Paiva - 02-25-2018

Well, this is not going well after all.... First race it it gave me a "connection lost" error, but it enter the server automaticly .

Now , 2º time trying, in the DTM 92 race, i was one of the first to register, it recognize my content, choose my car and skin and waited.
Clicked Join, the OK (in the steam window) , it enter Raceroom and then ...nothing....did not enter any server, it stayed in the main menu. Cliked on Multiplayer and nothing, not even the server was showing...
Quit Racerrom, and did the join again, inside the 5 minutes espace to join. Ok in the steam window, lauched RR and went to the main menu and NOTHING happend.... What do i have to do ?

I have no cmd in the startup, and i have recognize contente ON, the the recognize works fine. Help please. Still didnt have 1 race yet!

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Marcel Tumbas - 02-25-2018

No cmd parameters set, content detection enabled and it works.
Only "problem" is the java error, which I just accept.

Good work and nicely done.
Just a question but is using the Steam browser protocol something planned for the future? https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Rob Russo - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 06:25 PM)Adrien Chotard Wrote:  my app not work i have a message press to enter but nothing Sad
Similar problem for me except it worked fine yesterday; but today I click "Press to Enter", wait a couple seconds watching an hourglass, then back to "Press to Enter". Is there a log file to check? Using Win7 x64.
Thanks!

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Rui Paiva - 02-25-2018

Finnaly started 1 race, everything ok, then in the last 4 minutes, connection lost for everyone Sad
Please fix server capacity .

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Marc Denessen - 02-25-2018

I tried to join the Audi TT race tonight. I am using oculus and added the startup values '-vr monitor'  to my user settings.
Raceroom did start up and I was redirected to the right session. However the resolution was very very low (maybe 600 x 400 or something like that) , just undrivable so I parked the car in the pit.
Also the game was not displayed on the screen.
When I start Race room from steam, everything is normal (showing correct on screen and oculus).

RE: Raceroom App Download & Instructions - Sven Loeffler - 02-25-2018

I had already 2 races in the Audi TT Cup, I finished both and I waited until the end of the races, but there was no result saved in the SRS Standings?! There it says I still have 0 Points and that I didn't even drive any race... Can anybody help me?