Sim Racing System
Time zone participation - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Time zone participation (/showthread.php?tid=1773)

Time zone participation - John Ha - 12-03-2017

Hi

Is there some where I can view # of participants per race session?  Just looking at what my timezone is like 6am-12pm GMT (equivlent).
Only way I can find it now is by going through each race during that time window one at a time.

RE: Time zone participation - Javier Malonda - 12-03-2017

Hi John,

yes, that's the way I would do it. I don't think it is an SRS limitation, but due to the fact that we do mostly register when race is coming up.

RE: Time zone participation - Russell Sobie - 12-03-2017

Part of this is due to the fact that you can only register for one race at a time. There are apparently reasons for this, but I'd much rather allow folks to register for anything they are interested in joining to give other racers and idea of what races are going to be populated or not. I won't even sign up for a race if I think it is going to be a ghost town.

RE: Time zone participation - Stan Donit - 12-07-2017

Just to add a little more thought to what that S. O. B. in front of me said (Sobie) LOL...

A lot of times, (since I can mainly race mid-week and the numbers are down a little more Tuesday through Thursday) I will register for a race a few hours ahead of schedule. This makes those who are on the fence about racing in that race, see that I am signed up already. I know from my stand-point, if a couple of people are signed up for a race, I'm more inclined to signup as well since that race is more likely to "make". I agree that letting us sign up for multiple races would give more insight into what races were going to "make" that day and what races weren't, but this might be a limitation within SRS that cannot be overridden.

Also... remember to check and see what races are before the one you want to compete in for that day. Don't give up on a specific race since only yourself or maybe a couple of people are registered. Everyone that WILL compete in that race next, might be registered for a previous race or a race in progress. I check the youtube channel a lot to see who all is racing in the races before the one I want to compete in. If the turnout for the race in progress is pretty good, there's a good chance that a bunch of those people will finish that race and go on to join the next race (the race you're waiting for) and compete there too.

None the less... This service is amazing no matter how you look at it. I thank SRS every day for making my Sim-Racing experience a better one. This stuff is so much fun and I hope to see EVERYONE on the track in the future.... Even if I have to watch your tail-lights disappear into the distance LOL.