Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Change the color on Calipers belongs to MX5?
Hi! 

How do I change the color on the Mazda MX5s calipers?
I'm using, as a beginner, Mudbox 2020 and can see that the material name is EXT_Calipers.

I tried to add a .dds file in the Skin directory named EXT_Calipers  with the color I want. 
Any Ideas?

Best Regards
/Henrik

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

EXT_Details.dds is the correct file name

I hope it help you buddy Smile

Best regards,

Alexandre.
Abarth Assetto Corse - 11/2020 - 38th
Mazda MX-5 ND - 11/2020 - 20th
Mini Challenge - 08/2020 - 57th
Peugeot Rally 106 - 07/2020 - 153th
(11-17-2020, 12:27 AM)Andrea Martelli Wrote:  EXT_Details.dds is the correct file name

Thank you for that! I will try it later today Smile

How do I know the filenames? Or how can I found them for different parts?

(11-17-2020, 01:32 AM)Alexandre Christianini Wrote:  I hope it help you buddy Smile

Best regards,

Alexandre.
Thanks! It will help me Smile
Ok, so I can find it in CM. I will try to find the right info about other parts.

I have alot to learn about making skins  Big Grin
Thanks alot for all help! It works good.

I had trouble to find how to got info via Content Manager but solved it out.

For help others;
1. You need to activate "Developer mode" in CM you can find a guide here at SRS but simply press alot of times at CM version number under the tab "About"
2. Restart the computer, maybe its enough with CM
3. New plugins, "FBX Converter" should apeared under /Settings/CM/Plugin install that and a KN5 converter tool should apeared if you go into a showroom for any car.
You can now easily manage the car and see exacty detail of any part of the car.

Enjoy Skin modeling
(11-17-2020, 01:32 AM)Alexandre Christianini Wrote:  I hope it help you buddy Smile

Best regards,

Alexandre.

How can I get this menu? Like I see on ur screenshot?

(11-17-2020, 08:03 PM)Henrik Kjellberg Wrote:  You can now  easily manage the car and see exacty detail of any part of the car.

But how? If I click on the "unpack kn5" button, it creates a subfolder with the FBX and the texures. But how I can see details like seen on Alexandres screenshot?

Regards
Pierre
You don't need to activate developer's mode.
Just open CM showroom and click on the part of the car you want. In the menu you will see all the files related to that part. Then by clicking on the three dots on the right of the filenames you get another window with the original texture and other informations. It's so easy
Loool,

I've been so many times in the CM Showroom. But until I read ur answer, I never clicked on a car part. Cause I didn't think that it is even possible
...omg Big Grin So dumb...

Thank u very much, Dude! That was very helpful!