Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020)
Paul Ricard is this week for the Euro series. I'll be honest I'm not wild about this track, it is one of my least liked tracks on the F1 calendar and I don't find that interesting to drive. At least the mod seems decently well made from what I can tell. Maybe the tarmac should be darker black, but that's all I would say is wrong from first impressions and really isn't that important. One thing to note is that the Blancpain layout is being used. For those who don't know, this means that the chicane is not used to break up the long straight, unlike the layout in F1 which has the chicane.

I've only done a couple of laps just to learn the track so I don't have too much to say about strategy or setup ideas, I imagine ideal strategies here will be more similar to the ideal ones for Imola. As Simon mentioned this track has some straights (the back one being very long) and also some tight technical twisty sections at either end of the track, so setups could possibly vary depending on what sections you want to prioritise for speed. I reckon making sure having good top speed for the long straight and having enough downforce to carry alot of speed into the right hander afterwards might be the best thing to maximise, at least for the actual race scenario as this is clearly the prime overtaking spot.

I won't be racing until Thursday but not because I want to avoid the track I swear. I'm a bit too tired to race tonight as my sleep schedule is a bit messed up, I'm watching Man Utd vs RB Leibzig tomorrow and coaching football on Wednesday. So good luck in those races everyone, I'll have my eye on the times in the standings so I know what I should be aiming for when I can race later this week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020) - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 12-07-2020, 07:45 PM