Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N00b questions Forum Section?
Question 
I was looking at the forum after rules of the app and racing, having a maybe "less" important question, maybe even a stupid one, but non the less it's a question i am unsure of.
While looking after an answer or a spot to place my question, I noticed that there simply itsn't any place to look up or ask for Rules regarding while playing with the SRS app or Newbie questions regarding the SRS app functions.

My question was simple, maybe too simple, because I kinda forgot it in the process of putting up this suggestion to get us a separate forum room, for newbies to make threads about less important questions, that they feel they want/need answered.

Ohhh Right, I just remembered my n00b question.
What if I register / sign up to a race in the SRS app that has 0 players on it? Making me the first to join it.
Expecting that others will join, but maybe won't?
Would I have to join and play that race till end alone or what will happened in such a case?
Is there a minimum player requirement required before the race begins?
Will / can there come any penalties?

Since I haven't tried a single race yet, but looking much forward to it, this question came to me when looking at all the events having 0 people signed up and one is about to start in 20 minutes.
So I wondered.. what if I sign up and end up being alone when it begins?

Thanks for listening ^^ the n00b Blush 
(To information, I did try reading up the Rules, Instructions and Regulations section, but it seems there is no mention of this and I couldn't seem to find any FAQ at all)
Skill is when Luck becomes Usual! Play Serious, but Fair and have Fun! Angel
Increase my city Transport! http://rawexity.myminicity.com/tra
Hi Germain,
If there are drivers registered, the session will open. Its considered official (scores for the championship tables) if there are more than 8 drivers.
Incidents will always count either on official or non official races.
penalties for missing a race that you have registered are currently turned off

If you find yourself alone and dont want to lose rating do 3 at least laps on the race.
(05-06-2016, 03:43 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Hi Germain,
If there are drivers registered, the session will open. Its considered official (scores for the championship tables) if there are more than 8 drivers.
Incidents will always count either on official or non official races.
penalties for missing a race that you have registered are currently turned off

If you find yourself alone and dont want to lose rating do 3 at least laps on the race.

Great, Thank you so much srs! You answered my questions perfectly.

May I make an addition to your rules? Just something if you're still thinking of new things to get the app to work better.

It's just a suggestion of course.

-
1: PENALTY: What if it were to be, so if there are more than 8 drivers and you miss the race when you have signed up, then that will give you a penalty, very simple for signing up to something you can't hold, wasting every ones time.
-
-
2: NO PENALTY: So when there is "less" than 8 drivers signed up to the event and you miss it, no penalty will be given to anyone signed up to that race, since not enough available racers were signed up for a proper race.

A race may still begin with less than 8 players, but if anyone chooses to miss out or not to join, no penalty will be given.
(or maybe a much less strict penalty instead of you're thinking)

Tough leaving the race after having joined should result in a full penalty again. Even if there is less than 8 players in race.
-
Beside my addition Suggestion above ^^^^^^ I have a unrelated question more.

What will happen, if i forget to change into my registered username when joining and racing on a SRS Server? (Germain Donne)

Usually when i race on normal servers, i race under / as Rawex. Its my Nickname Smile

So at the moment, i am switching names by simply adding my First and Last name to my Driver Profile in Assetto Corsa game options.

I keep my Nickname as Rawex of course, but when i am going to play on SRS servers i put in my Full and Last name in Game Options so then my name shows as Germain Donne in game again.

What will happen if i forget to change my in game name, when signing up and joining a SRS Race? Penalty? Account Suspension? Ban? and in case such a thing as this would happen to a person, which we honestly only can assume will in time, sadly, but would an incident as this be a minor case scenario and more understood?

Meaning maybe getting a penalty or Suspension which can be easily removed, but more difficult with time when kept repeated?

A case like this to me should be considered a minor incident, meaning it will give a soft timed account penalty which will remove itself and never become Permanent, but maybe simply time penalty increased by each time the incident happens. (time penalty should maybe also minimize with time "without" incidents after a certain incident.

That way a forgetful account can with time redeem himself to a thoughtful account.

Again this is only a kind suggestion to an awesome app, which i hope will get success. =)
the app sets your name as registered on the website.
(05-06-2016, 06:20 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  the app sets your name as registered on the website.

Awesome ^^ Thanks!

Sorry for the newbie questions Tongue

I dont have anymore left, i promise heh Big Grin
I have a suggestion more, because i just had the MOST AMAZING RACE EVERRR!!!

Beside getting a Section on this Forum for Newbie / FAQ related Questions.
Wouldnt it be a cool idea to also get a Section for Sharing cool race stories? or maybe just a General talk and Fun Section?

Just some places that might make the Forum here become abit more alive, i for one would come here and share. =)