Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grip during SRS races
So far I have taken part in two Skip Barber races and have found that the grip levels are way below races that I have with AI in Assetto Corsa.
Is there a reason for this as during AI races I feel that I know the track and grip levels, but during SRS races the driving experience is completely different.
Thanks.
Dave
(11-01-2020, 04:43 PM)David Woodward Wrote:  So far I have taken part in two Skip Barber races and have found that the grip levels are way below races that I have with AI in Assetto Corsa.
Is there a reason for this as during AI races I feel that I know the track and grip levels, but during SRS races the driving experience is completely different.
Thanks.
Dave
Hi David, this is probably due to air/track temp differences between offline practice and race. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=9614

Gianluca
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
well it depends, might be air or track temp diff. And there is also that quali starts at lower grip level, then it improves during quali based on how many cars drive and how many laps they do, if the grip doesnt improve enough during quali, then the race may also start on lower grip level.
I noticed the same thing and thought it was a "cold tyre problem".

But my newly installed app "Racer Data" confirms.

That why I do some practice laps to familiarise with the actual grip level.

But in the first Qualy laps you mostly have to evade the drivers who didn´t practise. :-((

MFG Carsten.
I´d rather drive a slow car fast   Big Grin