Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Random" Disconnects During Races
Exclamation 
Hi Everybody :-)

heres my view after having 2 weeks "randomly" disconnects during races , no mather the time the racers or what ever..
First of , i got 100MBit/20Mbit Up with an installed "Buffer" for some Games and for example Discord/Ts3 . Iam doing networking for fun partimes for living also ;-) so iam not wondering why i cant find the ESC button..
Thats been said ...

i think i grew my first grey hairs the last 7 days trying figuring out that myserious problem a lot of Racers on SRS have... 

SPOILER: No the game doent hate you and its itsn only happening when your good or getting finaly some points, it happens "random" to nearly everybody.!

. but if you go read some postings and other forums you will find one time coming up over and over again,,, About 30 mins +- and for me it was the same ... if i  got lucky and joined the qualy late on a 20 min race and i been on the server less then 30 min,, i can finish races... ;:-D and that was the point where it CANT be Random anymore.....!!

So i striped everything from the cabel in the wall threw the Fritzbox over to my privat network ... everything working like a charme... as always .. 
..#my first grey hair pops his "head!" out of my beard...

So i kept digging and landen on the DMZ/PortTriggering ..UpnP stuff.. sinc it is not anymore neccessary to get all your forwards yourself in your Router you can use Upnp with some good Network in front or behind its np and works for years quite relaxing with no issues at all for me... (CS , WOW , COD , BF , Dedicated Clients... etc etc) no worries..
So i find out , since the Forward lists are getting quite bigger theres some sort of Intervall Update Rate of Exact these Ports (back in the days you slayed everyport on your own in your keybord,, so there wasnt much.. but with UpnP and a full server it can happen theres like 25+ Ports Forwarded in your network  ..   

Long story Short...

These UPnP "packages (all the forwards) getting updatet in a period of time , and for 99,9 % of all Routers,Fritzboxes... etc  .. theres some Standard VALUE for that !!! : 30 mins ...and 4 Hops

---> A bit of explaining [Image: huh.png] [Image: huh.png] 

Advertisement Period

The Advertisement Period is how often the router will advertise (broadcast) its UPnP information. This value can range from 1 to 1440 minutes. The default period is for 30 minutes. Shorter durations will ensure that control points have current device status at the expense of additional network traffic. Longer durations may compromise the freshness of the device status but can significantly reduce network traffic.

Advertisement Time To Live

The time to live for the advertisement is measured in hops (steps) for each UPnP packet sent. A hop is the number of steps allowed to propagate for each UPnP advertisement before it disappears. The number of hops can range from 1 to 255. The default value for the advertisement time to live is 4 hops, which should be fine for most home networks. If you notice that some devices are not being updated or reached correctly, then it may be necessary to increase this value a little.

Till this point this is nowhere confirmed or anything, at least i found nothing... 
##### IF ..ONE of you guys Reading NEVER EVER HAD ANY DC except your 24h Provider DC...
 Speak Now and pls check if you have Upnp Port Forwarding OFF !

as explaind at the beginning .. my connection cant have issues... i made sure of that, i checked everything else twice... 3...  

Fazit and Further Steps :  [Image: exclamation.png] 

I did get up with the time to 120minutes with 4 hops (NOW) maybe the issue is solved for ppl who only have 1 Router or only 1 Router who is managing.. for me that wasn working (tryd first with 70 mins) dcs in yesterdays GT3 series as i was testing it...
So i found out to getting to these settings in your router isnt quite easy (change hops intervall..) for my Netgear it isnt a problem but the Fritzbox got these STANDARD values as any other router also... but i cant find any menu with that kind of options.

Solution1: Find anotherFritzboxFirmware , IF possible who can do that settings... 
Solution2: UpnP OFF (Fritzbox+Netgear) for my PC ... Opening some ports Up by hand,IF neccessary...

Status: Working On it ... ( After the 24h LeMans Race Tomorrow....) [Image: at.png] 

For me its clearly the Disconnection Devil , any other reason at MY End is eliminated...
But to be honest, there is cleary something you can tweak or tune onto your servers that this doesnt happen anymore...
for starters[Image: confused.png]ome Logfile from any Example Race with Disconnects from the Game Server would help me or us a lot i think !!! @ Mods `? 

I Hope all die deutschen Kartoffeln verstehen mein Englisch oder wissen wie der Google übersetzter funktioniert ;:-)
Hope to help anybody out and i hope that THAT is that thing which is bothering us , at least me ... for 2 weeks now ! 

I Will keep that Post updated as i get any NEW Results !

Cheers Dennis

[Image: cool.png] 

You can keep my misspelling ;-)

In theory, if i was to turn uPnP off i wouldnt be able to connect to the servers right? I never have any dc's and dont have uPnP turned off as far as i know. uPnP is enabled on my router, so i dunno if there anything in game i need to check. Are you using wireless or wired connection? Id recommend you try with a wired connection as wireless is literally shit. Lost of people think its this amazing tech but it properly sucks. Use a cable if you can, if you cant, try get home plugs (theyre wall adapters you can use in power lines to transmit network through power cables). They have them here, i hope they do them in other countries too.

Regarding the logs, I dunno if the admins here would share that with you, it might contain info on other people that you should have. That said, maybe if you provided some info of the date / time of your last crash, maybe they could provide you information on that.
SX Racing Youtube: bit.ly/SxRacing
Quote:Michael PierceIn theory, if i was to turn uPnP off i wouldnt be able to connect to the servers right?  I never have any dc's and dont have uPnP turned off as far as i know.   uPnP is enabled on my router, so i dunno if there anything in game i need to check.  Are you using wireless or wired connection? Id recommend you try with a wired connection as wireless is literally shit.  Lost of people think its this amazing tech but it properly sucks.  Use a cable if you can, if you cant, try get home plugs (theyre wall adapters you can use in power lines to transmit network through power cables). They have them here, i hope they do them in other countries too

Thats Not exactly right, i tried a few Times with upnp turned Off. You are able to Connect to servers and can race..but i experienced some Minor but steady lags from opppnents in close combat, even tested it with my buddy 1on1... and in my opinion theres a clear difference to See if your Network is just closed for portforwarding.
In your Case the question is how Many Ports are Open or will be Opened during a Normal evening . Depends a lot on the Number of persons and devices in your House or appartment .. the Problem isnt the upnp or the Forwarding itself .. the Problem is the Number of forwards in your Network and the Intervall theyre beeing Broadcasted through out your Network (think of it as a box with all upnp settings and information for every Device active in your network inside) 
If you use your Router alone , 1 Person.. a Smartphone Tablet maybe ps4 and your Pc , with a Normal Internet Connection you shouldn t have These Problems i Think 

I use 2 x1GB/LAN Cable (fused) with my PC and i have a Complete separate Network just for Gaming.. 
Its Not right that wlan sucks , it just sucks if you Think of Plug and Play... my 5Ghz TriBandWlan comes up with a Speed of 3600Mbit with a similar Receiver..  for example my ps4 pro have a WLan Speed with 2400Mbit thats is more than 2times the Cable Speed (more is Not possible with normal LAN Cable... )
And the Quality of the Connections is flawless with any of my Devices (the Router is in the Gaming Room... MAX 2yards away)
So i would Not say that Wlan sucks These Days if you can use it right!!

Quote:Regarding the logs,  I dunno if the admins here would share that with you, it might contain info on other people that you should have. That said, maybe if you provided some info of the date / time of your last crash, maybe they could provide you information on that[/i].

Thats some Good Idea was Thinking of that also ? i will make Notes if it happens again .. but for me ..  for Now... Problem solved! The last 3 Days I did like 20 races no disconnections or at least none i Cant explain .. the servers are rly rly sensitive and depending in witch country they are and you are of course its lesss or more sensitive ..
And if you are Not alone and like me in a House with 4 ppl and on Weekends like 6-8.. and about 20 Devices active all day... things get difficult ?

BUT
 Fingers Crossed i Think its solved
I will Report in detail After the weekend !!
But for sure the HOPP/LIFETIME Thing is a huge Gamechanger....
(Atm settings:150 mins 6 hops )

See you on the Track