Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT cup gear changes
Hi all, sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm old and new to sim racing. I entered my first GT cup race last night and after having practiced offline using paddles I found that in the race  paddles had been disabled and I had to use my Logitech h shifter as a sequential, which wasn't easy to say the least! I tried to keep out of everyone's way. I can't believe everyone was using a seq. Shifter so what am I missing?
Many thanks.
I don't think SRS can or intends to put any restrictions on the inputs used, many people don't have a sequential shifter option.
Probably a problem on your end? If you're talking about the Porsche GT3 Cup Series, I entered it last week (Nürburgring) with paddles (with a seq. shifter configured and connected).
Ok, thanks for that I’ll try again and see what happens.
Yes, looks more like I glitch in your setup. I did a race in GT cup nurburgring, too, and paddles worked fine. Good for me because I have no other shifter.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
I thought that if you have the correct type of shifter for the car, AC makes you use it.

If you don't have the shifter then you can use whatever you do have.

I think that this is a problem some times as if you are driving a H shift car with paddles you have a bit of an advantage.
Depends on the car. Some H shifter cars have transmissions that subtly penalize the timing using sequential shifting/paddles and leave H-shifter alone.

That said, SRS servers certainly allow paddles for every car, as I don't have an H-shifter and I participate in whatever. My guess is that if you have an H-shifter assigned in your controls, multiplayer mode will force you to use that. If you don't want to use them, save off a config that doesn't have your H-shifter assigned and you should be good to go.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Tried again last night and paddles worked fine, must have been a glitch in the system.Thanks for all your advice , now if you can just tell me how to get into the 1.40s!
(10-16-2020, 07:16 AM)David R Fox Wrote:  Tried  again last night and paddles worked fine, must have been a glitch in the system.Thanks for all your advice , now if you can just tell me how to get into the 1.40s!
Hi, I have had this problem several times before. I come out of the SRS session and as I am on content manager I go to control, recalibrate the steering wheel and the concerned shifter and then it works. On the other hand, I do not know how to explain why there is this problem sometimes. For 1.40 the brake pedal is over-revving
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(10-16-2020, 11:58 AM)Lucien Redevit Wrote:  
(10-16-2020, 07:16 AM)David R Fox Wrote:  Tried  again last night and paddles worked fine, must have been a glitch in the system.Thanks for all your advice , now if you can just tell me how to get into the 1.40s!
Hi, I have had this problem several times before. I come out of the SRS session and as I am on content manager I go to control, recalibrate the steering wheel and the concerned shifter and then it works. On the other hand, I do not know how to explain why there is this problem sometimes. For 1.40 the brake pedal is over-revving
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
NOW I JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS I WAS RIDING JUST FORWARD IN PRACTICE; I DIDN'T HAVE R2USSI 0 RUN AND DIDN'T BE ABLE TO START. I WILL LOSE A LOT OF RATING