Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoP at DTM90s Series
On the series' announcement post, BoP for the DTM series is shown as (% Restrictor): 25,15,15 and (% ballast): 20,15,5. I assumed that this meant Alfa Romeo 155 is gonna have 25% restrictor and 20kg ballast. During solo practices, with that BoP settings (I set these through CM), my best lap was around 1.56.9 and it was a pretty good one at 100% grip on a 28 celcius track.

During the race on the SRS server (100% grip, 28 celcius track), the car was just flying. It was obviously more powerful and it felt lighter too (I did a 1.55.6 on a lap that had not one but several minor errors). This difference about the feeling of the car messed up all my braking markers as well as the BoP specific (25%, 20kg) car setup I had.

Does anybody have an idea or a good estimation of the BoP restriction values for Alfa? Because I am pretty sure that it's not 25% and 20kg.

Edit: I just drove Alfa with no restrictor or ballast for the first time. The feeling of the car and my shifting points were very similar compared to the SRS race. Can there be something wrong with the way the server is set up (BoPs)?
(10-09-2020, 08:00 PM)Omer Kinay Wrote:  On the series' announcement post, BoP for the DTM series is shown as (% Restrictor): 25,15,15 and (% ballast): 20,15,5. I assumed that this meant Alfa Romeo 155 is gonna have 25% restrictor and 20kg ballast. During solo practices, with that BoP settings (I set these through CM), my best lap was around 1.56.9 and it was a pretty good one at 100% grip on a 28 celcius track.

During the race on the SRS server (100% grip, 28 celcius track), the car was just flying. It was obviously more powerful and it felt lighter too (I did a 1.55.6 on a lap that had not one but several minor errors). This difference about the feeling of the car messed up all my braking markers as well as the BoP specific (25%, 20kg) car setup I had.

Does anybody have an idea or a good estimation of the BoP restriction values for Alfa? Because I am pretty sure that it's not 25% and 20kg.

Edit: I just drove Alfa with no restrictor or ballast for the first time. The feeling of the car and my shifting points were very similar compared to the SRS race. Can there be something wrong with the way the server is set up (BoPs)?
Yes, it is true! Also, no one who picked Merc was able to join the race ))
How can we TAG admins to solve those issues?
Looks like SRS should update the AC on their servers... The small update AC got on August 7th changed the data.acd of the Merc 190. Maybe there's some thread that the admins follow, dunno about their Discord if they follow that.

EDIT: I made a thread for this in Bugs & Troubleshooting.
Alfa is an overkill at current state I think. I had like 4 laps of practice @Imola overall, but managed to get P4 on quali with full downforce and stock gearing (server 2nd if it is important). Two front rows were 155's. Even though I ended in like P7 (partly due to 10s penalty after making a mistake in last chicane and hitting the wall, partly to making stupid mistakes), the car felt really quick and agile. The only place where I was losing to the Mercs and I think especially to BMW's was the final straight.
Signatures? Like in good ol' days Big Grin