Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring system
I saw, that a lot of drivers who drive in the morning, they are most of the time maybe 6-7 players on the server and they are not driving as fast as the others who are driving in the evening and night. So, in the morning its pretty easy for them to score 102 pts for the win and to get them into championship. And a driver, who is a lot faster than these guys from the morning, but he cant drive in the morning (because of work f.e.), is driving in the evening when the competition is a lot harder and he will score less points than a guy from the morning because they were maybe 6 on the server. For example, sometimes I am 2 seconds faster than someone who just won a race in the morning, he gets 102pts, but I can drive only in the evening when there are a lot more players and a lot better drivers, so I can get maybe 90 pts lets say. Most people are driving after 16:00GMT I see. Arent you thinking about changing the number of drivers on the server for gaining the points to the championship? Now its 6, but it could be better maybe at least 12 or even 15 I think. Or, the other way is, that the races in the morning would have less points, like Server2 for example.
What do you think? And for the weekend it could stay the same as for the evening.
NEVER GIVE UP!
I was thinking about between 0.1 or 1 point extra for any driver that participates. So for a race with 5 drivers between 0.5 and 5 points extra and for a race with 20 drivers between 2 to 20 points extra.
If you are going for the first place in a championship, you will need to drive more during the day than if you drive in the evening.
AMD Ryzen 5 1500x 3.9GHz | MSI B350M MORTAR | 16GB DDR4 | Geforce GTX 1060
The idea is to have more races not the other way arround.

Its motivating to win full score, so hopefully, it will bring more drivers on races in the mornings and late at night. As soon as 6 drivers register, more will want to join.
if the score is somehow limited, there will be no interest on those races.

Currently there are 15 championships, this happens on 2.
Not a bad idea, too, Michel. Or maybe some coefficient, f.e. 6 drivers = 0.6. And then multiply the points with this coefficient.. 23 drivers = 2.3, you know what I mean

Yeah its not a bad system, but I was just trying to say, that its unfair that someone will get 102 pts while racing with 6 people, and someone gets 102 pts while racing against 22 other people
NEVER GIVE UP!
I agree that the current points system is not very fair. I'd like something like in iRacing, more or less points depending on the total rating on the race (I really don't know much about the rating here, so maybe this has no sense with how you have planned the whole system).
I get that if the idea is to try to maximize the number of official races during the day this could discourage participation at certain hours... But people tend to race in the evening anyway so...
Yap, most of the people here are working already I think, so they mostly race in the evening and during the weekends
NEVER GIVE UP!
@ admin
Last month i bought my pc after years of only playing console (Xbox). Curently i'm unemployed so i have time to do some races during the day. So i did.
The last two races this weekend were no fun for me. I'm not the fastest but because i did some races during the day i'm pretty high in the rankings. (I think Smile )
The DTM race puts me on server one so i'm driving with people who are 3 to 5 seconds faster than me.
Instead of playing more i play less hoping i will fall down in rankings and have races with people who i can actually race instead of bringing the car home and hoping i won't be lapped.
For now races during the day i won't participate because i know it will punisch me by night.
Thats my side of the story hoping it will bring more insight.
Nice to see story like that from someone who drives during the day.

So, you see, that our ideas are not so bad. Maybe the servers during the day, before 16GMT could be on Server 2 ratings, or even Server 3... or maybe the idea with coefficient is not so bad too
NEVER GIVE UP!
Michel, you have a road rating of 393.213. An average driver can go up to 700 with time... but that would be it, assuming low incident number.
400 is really not giving you big adavantages.

Now, server placement is not just about rating, it is on the first race of each series, but after that its a mix of performance on that series and rating, and performance is more important.
you finished 18th and 19th, fear not, you will eventually move down... by why didnt you on the second race you ask?

Well, several things can explain that (i'm not saying they all apply here)
1 - you are 9th in the championship
2 - new drivers entering the series, with less races than you. Anyone who starts today will be behind you
3 - good drivers entering the second race without results from the first race.
4 - drivers that could have climbed from server 2 had too many incs.

I'm not saying you are writing bad ideas, i'm just explaining why i don't apply them Wink
Thank you for the good explanation.

But still I"m overrated Wink.

Question: Is time needed to finisch the race used in the calculation?
Because i did not read or see anything abouth that on the forum.