Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual mirror in VR for cars that don't have rear view mirrors?
Anybody get the virtual mirror working in VR? Reason I'm asking, driving the BMW 320i in the BTCC series without a rear view mirror is a bit more challenging (not that I don't enjoy a challenge!). I do use helicorsa and Crew chief, so it's not a huge deal, but still. Did the BMW not have a rear view mirror in the championship, or is it because the interior model is still incomplete?
Nope, sadly not possible. VR user here too. Good luck.
Thanks. I don't really mind, just thought I'd ask.
Huh  I'm confused. I have done a race in the BTCC BMW - and it DOES have mirrors. Only side-mirrors, but that's the case with loads of race cars. (Yes, also VR here.)
I'm referring to a rear view mirror (center). There is an option to have a "virtual" mirror as an overlay in the top center, but it doesn't work in VR. Side mirrors are obviously useful, but in VR, it's a bit hard to make out the details of what's happening behind. The BTCC Nissan Primera has a regular rear view mirror, so I was a little surprised the BMW didn't have that option. Also, some of the newer race cars have dash mounted monitors with rear view video feed.
But it's all good Smile
I can recommend Smartmirror (incl in CM) - with the BLM Car APP from Racedepartment you can individualy adjust mirrors to what ever angle you want - you can even change the source the mirror shows (eg having the view of the rear middle mirror displayed in your left / right - if you fancy to do so....)