Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating my skin
I have made changes to my skin for the Praga, but it does not say my skin has been updated, only that my skin is OK.  The changes do not appear on SRSTV or to other drivers.  Is there a way to update my skin and for everyone to be able to see the changes?
Thank you,
Riley
1) If you have already uploaded your skin, in order to update it, you need to create a new folder (i.e. it is timestamped newer than your previous folder) and rename it to your appropriate name (deleting the other one). Easiest way is to right-click-drag your skin's folder into the same location to create a "Copy of firstname_lastname" folder. Delete the original, rename the new copy correctly.

2) There seems to be issues with updating skins currently. People are still seeing parts of my previous MX5 Cup skin rather than my new one... but they are getting SOME parts of the new skin (wheels, windshield banner, etc.). So your results even after creating a new directory may vary.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Can confirm.

I keep joining the Praga races with a new skin folder and it uploads and I get the 'skin updated' message but the stream keeps showing my old skin.

Don't know what else I can do.

EDIT: scratch that, it apparently went through this time.
(07-18-2020, 03:34 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  1) If you have already uploaded your skin, in order to update it, you need to create a new folder (i.e. it is timestamped newer than your previous folder) and rename it to your appropriate name (deleting the other one). Easiest way is to right-click-drag your skin's folder into the same location to create a "Copy of firstname_lastname" folder. Delete the original, rename the new copy correctly.

2) There seems to be issues with updating skins currently. People are still seeing parts of my previous MX5 Cup skin rather than my new one... but they are getting SOME parts of the new skin (wheels, windshield banner, etc.). So your results even after creating a new directory may vary.
I will try doing that, thanks!