Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice servers
I was attending the RSS Formula Hybrid 2017 monday series. And when joining the server, I suddenly discovered that the server did not run the S1-version of the car. I've attended many races with this car on other servers and also one league, and all of them ran the S1 version so it was quite a surprise and it completely destroyed my race.  This would have been discovered earlier if there were a practice server setup with the correct track, track layout, grip,  temperature and car.
Do SRS have the ability to run practice servers? Or alternatively, publish an example server config in their system so people can setup their own server for practicing?
there are some reasons why there aren't any practice servers.

1 - it wont improve the skills of the drivers, doing a practice with half a dozen drivers will not teach someone how to start a race or to overtake. Everyone knows the combo, practicing offline with AI is actually more efficient.

2 - It will take people away from the grids, then people will start complaining that the grids are getting smaller, 'it's a desert' and some expressions like those.

3 - knowing if the grip is 95% or 90% will make no difference at all on how you start a race or orvertake, it sure can make a difference on your laptimes, but not on consistency.
(06-10-2017, 12:08 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  there are some reasons why there aren't any practice servers.

1 - it wont improve the skills of the drivers, doing a practice with half a dozen drivers will not teach someone how to start a race or to overtake. Everyone knows the combo, practicing offline with AI is actually more efficient.

2 - It will take people away from the grids, then people will start complaining that the grids are getting smaller, 'it's a desert' and some  expressions like those.

3 - knowing if the grip is 95% or 90% will make no difference at all on how you start a race or orvertake, it sure can make a difference on your laptimes, but not  on consistency.i AGREE
I agree but maybe having more information about cars/tracks before the race would be nice to practice and not having surprises the day of the race.
For example, on tuesday the Porsche Cup wil be in Riverside, but I couldn't find anywhere the version of the circuit (long, short...) for that race.
That is correct David, for some reason the layout was not specified.