Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thanks for a great season!
Thumbs Up 
Hi all,
Just like to say a big thank you to everyone who took part in this season... I met some great guys, who offered some serious competition on track, but with great sportsmanship also.  Smile
Also like to say a special thank you to the team at SRS who worked hard to keep the races going, the servers maintained and uploading the videos to Youtube.
Congratulations:  
First to Paul Hirigoyen... who showed true sportsmanship throughout... and extreme consistency, with few mistakes.  It paid off for him by taking the season championship top spot in Group C.  Was always a pleasure to race with Paul and I look forward to many more races alongside him.
Secondly, well done to Eero Oittinen, who gave us some tough racing in the Lotus Exos championship.  He's a tough racer who takes no prisoners!  Congrats Eero on the top spot in the Exos series!
Thank you also to all those who offered help when I joined in February 2017... help with the setups, track etiquette, SRS system, etc.
Good luck everyone in the next series!
Warm regards,
-- Joe Blow.
It has been good racing, and from the back you get to see all the excitement Wink

I still think that a link or brief summary to racing rules / etiquette would really help new comers.
Well said Joe. Thanks to the SRS team for making this happen I have had some great races and mostly defensive battles! I was very happy to finish 5th in the F1 classic series, just by keeping it steady. I look forward to more!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Joe, feeling's mutual. Kudos to you. 
You were consistently fast  (I only have consistency on my side, but I'm getting better : after 111 races here on SRS since the beginning of the year, I should Wink ). 
But the essential for me was having fun with good drivers, and I had plenty. In fact, I'm quite happily surprised for my final standings in GroupC and Exos (and even F138). 

GroupC cars were tricky to drive (it was better once I figured how to adjust the braking bias to my taste ... in the last races). I regret there weren't more drivers for GroupC Endurance (but I can relate : those races were exhausting). As for F138, my god, there were some VERY fast drivers out there. I'm sooo far from mastering this beast.

Congrats also to Eero, and all the other regular drivers (and some new ones too: there were some very fast new drivers in the last races). We had some very fun races. Looking for the next ones.

Finally, a BIG thanks to the SRS Team : from my point of view, server latency/quality was always top notch. 
The choice of cars/tracks was very cool this season. And don't forget we can now upload our own skins (even if I'm not skilled for this, at least it made me try make my very first one).

I reckon that 2 tracks a week was quite a bit tiring in the long run. I should have concentrated on fewer series  Tongue 
See you all on track on the next season
You're right the endurance races were hard work but I did like them as if you had a incident near the beginning you had time to work you're way back.  Also it adds time for tactics to come in to play.

I think that having an even longer race once a month would be cool, PROPER endurance, but maybe I should get a life Wink
Thanks all indeed. I gave up at the end for I was busy for real life matters. In any case, 2 races a week were too much for me. But anyway I've had some great races. Almost always with good drivers (Still too aggressive I have to say when behind the grid... say from 10th back things started to be very dangerous).
Anyway, fantastic system.
Keep up!
Bye
I have the same opinion. This season was amazing because of you all fast and consistent drivers. Smile A lot great clean fight (not always). Wink But 2 races was sometimes just to much. Last week I was so tired that I didnt have power to train. Big Grin
Nonetheless congratulation to all of you guys who won championships and lasted until the end of the season. Big Grin