Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does SP stand for?
Hey guys, 

what does the SP column in the standings table show? I just had a look at the table but I couldn't figure it out. 

Have a nice evening, 
Lars
I've wondered that myself.

I thought it might be a total of all your start positions, but I don't now.
that's correct Tim
Nope, that's not correct, Martijn Smile

SP = Sum of race Positions

It's the sum of all your race finish positions of the valid races in the season. If you did 3 races and finished 1st, 3rd & 6th in those, then your SP will be 1+3+6=10
Never to late to learn something newSmile
(05-29-2017, 09:06 AM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  Nope, that's not correct, Martijn Smile

SP = Sum of race Positions

It's the sum of all your race finish positions of the valid races in the season. If you did 3 races and finished 1st, 3rd & 6th in those, then your SP will be 1+3+6=10
Thanks, I didn´t know that.  Smile
Well, if that answer is correct, then the next question would be, "where is that useful?"

I mean, if a driver raced 50 races and win them all then that driver's SP will be 50 right? and if another driver raced 5 races and finished 10th place in each race he will also get the number 50. If that's the case, what is that stats for? it doesn't reflect if the driver is quick or clean or whatever...
I guess it's useful to rank drivers in case of equality in points.
You can obtain the mean race finish position. I don't know why don't put that directly instead of SP though...
if nº of Wins, nº2nd palces, nº 3rd places, Inc.Av. isn't enough to solve a tie, that parameter will, the lower the better.