Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell handling
You just have to keep the car on the limit all the time, in a controled slide, most of the steering is done trough throttle or trailbraking, otherwise it just understeers and is very slow. Not sliding this car is just doing it wrong Smile
(02-10-2020, 06:29 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Don’t worry guys it’s not just you!!
I normally LOVE tricky to drive cars but this one when it first appeared completely baffled me, I probably just didn’t have enough patience with it, can’t quite put my finger on why but I just completely hate it so gave up.

Tried it again when it came up this season. Nope ? still hate it Big Grin
You mastered the RUF Yellowbird but can't handle this?

I don't get what's so special about this car's handling. It seems pretty ordinary to me. It's maybe more delicate to combine cornering with braking or accelerating, it just means you have to use a feather touch trail braking and throttling out of corners. What's the problem, everyone is having?
the narrow wheelbase makes it very twichty, I guess that's the main problem most people have

at least that's what I needed to get used to the most
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I know! As I say I gave up pretty quickly both times as I just wasn’t enjoying it. I learned to handle the Ruf (it’s the guys surname so Ruf not RUF) because I loved it so much I just HAD to master it Big Grin
Whereas this thing just didn’t inspire me to continue for whatever reason, I commented on this precisely because I find it very strange and not sure why myself lol

Speaking of tricky, off to race the V8 supercars at Mosport... Big Grin

See you on the track gents!
(02-10-2020, 07:31 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  You just have to keep the car on the limit all the time, in a controled slide, most of the steering is done trough throttle or trailbraking, otherwise it just understeers and is very slow. Not sliding this car is just doing it wrong  Smile
LOL
That is easier said than do it Michal !!!!!
At least for most of us ....

(02-10-2020, 07:31 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  You just have to keep the car on the limit all the time, in a controled slide, most of the steering is done trough throttle or trailbraking, otherwise it just understeers and is very slow. Not sliding this car is just doing it wrong  Smile
LOL
That is easier said than do it Michal !!!!!
At least for most of us ....
These cars are a buzz, but they are so difficult to master!
I cant seem to find the Betonschleife67 track to download anywhere? Got a file called eifel_betons_160419 - it is the same track, but not recognized as that in SRS?
Any ideas?
its this Nurburgring 1967 1.0.1 in the download section
(02-28-2020, 09:20 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  its this Nurburgring 1967 1.0.1 in the download section
thank you, that's the one
Seems like this serries is finished for me, i wanted to drive few more race before its over, but this car was too much for my equipment. And as they say the racecar should fall apart right after the finish and that is exactly what happened, 1 race in Bridgehampton +2 extra laps. Gl to those who are still in the fight in the remaining races.
https://i.imgur.com/Xwn5seh.jpg