Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell handling
Hello guys
I still haven't done any career since first.
I like to train just to catch the race pace
I was about to give up on the first laps I took, since at first there was no way to go inside the track.
In the end I understood the track and the car and after a few adjustments I managed to roll at 1.40 / 1.41 without making mistakes ..... I am happy.
The tire is a joke ....... I skid all the way out of the sharp bends like a rally and I can't get them out of the light blue ...
In case it helps you ..... I have lowered the nose a little more than the rear train and I have lowered a little the hardness the suspensions and the stabilizer bars .... I have brought the front convergence to 0 and I have maintained the rear ...... pressures to 15 to see if I heat the rubber a little more and I have lowered the final gear ratio two points to get the maximum point in fourth gear just before braking at the end of the straight. I have also moved the braking force a couple of points forward
I was very surprised that I had a great time with this car in this circuit when Silverstone didn't enjoy anything ...
(02-05-2020, 06:38 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Had a pretty god race just now with Jim C Russel, missed my brake point and fell of the bridge just in front of the leading Jan Mueller. Stupid, but nothing much happened other than my race being ruined.

Then I got caught in the pit lane while braking for T2 and again jumped over the hedge onto the track on the other side, where I got hit by another car. I don't know who it was, but I'm terribly sorry.

At least my girlfriend had a good laugh.
Fun it was!  Too bad it wasn’t tubed, I would have made my long suffering wife watch the replay.
I give up

I leave this series ... after learning the circuit and making some adjustments in the car in offline mode it turns out that this afternoon, I went online to do the 19h race and what a surprise mine to see that my training rolling in 1:40 have not been of any use since the car in online does not behave the same as in offline ..... it has another grip and much more oversteer in online mode ..... in fact the oversteer in the race when opening Gas is almost uncontrollable when in offline training the car behaved very noble in the rear being able to play with the direction and gas in an easy and fun way ...... in the race I have not gone down from 1:43 and with a horrible driving ........ I don't know if this is normal or not but I give up ......... 17 career incidents I can't afford
There is lower starting grip and it takes time before the track gets to full grip, and if there is only few people driving it takes very long.
(02-06-2020, 11:58 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  There is lower starting grip and it takes time before the track gets to full grip, and if there is only few people driving it takes very long.
Thanks Michal for the answer ........ Then the difference is in the grip parameters of the track, not of the car ..... in Offline you have 100% grip and in the race the grip is dynamic not ?. ..... Anyway Michal I do not think that this series runs anymore ..... I am a rookie and I already have my average of incidents above 4 and with races like yesterday with 17 incidents I will never download it ...... as a reference, the first race I ran with the Ginetta GT5 I didn't have any and enjoy driving ....... with the Russel I just make myself angry.
It might just be the track rather than the car. Ahvenisto is very technical with all the hills, combination corners, and bumps. Silverstone was also a bit challenging even though it's the opposite of Ahvenisto because it's so big that it's hard to figure out where exactly you need to brake or turn.

Goodwood should be easier, and Betonschleife should be dead simple. The car is actually fun once you learn the track. Fuji and Bridgehampton will be tricky.
Tolo, for sure, Russel Alexis is one of the difficult cars, especially for rookies. It is possible that a car doesn't suit you. Racing is very difficult business and it's tough for everyone. You should use practice sessions on your own to get used to the car and track and try not to loose the car. That's the first thing. Then try going faster step by step. If you can't get enough practice time, you should concentrate on a goal. For example not to loose the car on track and not to have contact with other cars so you don't get incident points. Or finish at top 10. Start the race, run it without too much risk, be safe, don't miss braking points. There will be drivers who are clearly faster or just aggressive, so let them go. Move out of the way. And make it obvious that you want them to pass you. When they try to pass, leave enough room, brake just a bit earlier, things like that. It's not always your fault of course, as some times others make a mistake and hit you or are just too aggressive. There is plenty of time even with 20 minutes races. But most important is to finish and be patient. You can still get good points just with that. It is important to understand that you don't have many races run as a rookie here right now. So if you have several safe races like this, you can bring your incidents rating down pretty quickly if you care about it. The more races you run here, the more difficult it becomes, both with trying to get good position finish and rating up, and also getting incident points down. This is how the system calculates your performance.

The races here are usually start with 22 or 26 C temp, no wind, and 100% grip. Practice and qualifying starts with around 95% grip which slowly gets up to 100% over time as the cars run on track. You can use the Realtime app to check all the info on that when running on track. Very useful to have it on all the time. And also to know how far in front and behind you are the other drivers. So when you spin out for example, you would know when people are coming, so you can wait for them to pass before you rejoin the track.
Concentrating too much on not getting incidents is kinda pointless because there is so many drivers who have zero clue what they are doing or dont give a shit about others. For example i got 0.51 inc average now, but if i take in acount my mistakes it should be like 0,06 and if i count racing incidents (both peoples fault) then maybe 0,15. This means that 70% of my incidents is just me being destroyed by someone who cant control car, dont give a shit when close to someone, have no clue how racing is done,and such. So the incident metric really doesnt mean that much, it just shows how likelly it is you are involved in something without any meaning whose fault it was. If you focus too much on not getting any incidents, it will just make you slower, you will forfeit good oportunities and you will just let overly agressive and bad drivers get you easily. Just focus on your own driving, leave enough room when close, hold your line when you have the right to be on that line, dont squeeze others of the track and dont loose the car, and the incident rate surelly will fall down.
Unfortunately I have understood that this car is very difficult for me at the moment, nor has the circuit helped with this very technical and narrow route and so many fences nearby ..... all that added to the fact that there are people who run without respecting anyone and wanting to move on to the first opportunity that arises without thinking or waiting for a good opportunity ..... I have returned to the Ginetta championship and yesterday I ran in the 13h race and it was very fun ..... I finished 14 in the server 1 .... I enjoyed a lot in traffic and I had no incident ....what a pity Parisetti that was running second and finished the petrol in the last lap ..... I is in front of him !!! .... Too bad for him.
I must admit that it is soon to driving the Russel.
Thanks for your advice Michal and Filip
I agree with many things with you ... for me it is important to be a clean and honest pilot although there are situations in which unfortunately one cannot disappear from the track and he is wrong.
I also believe to be certain that your overall career score is lower the higher your incident rate is ... so I also consider it important ..
Don’t worry guys it’s not just you!!
I normally LOVE tricky to drive cars but this one when it first appeared completely baffled me, I probably just didn’t have enough patience with it, can’t quite put my finger on why but I just completely hate it so gave up.

Tried it again when it came up this season. Nope ? still hate it Big Grin