Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a Radical SR3 setup for Road America
<p>Anyone willing to share theirs? I've been trying to learn how to make setups for some time now. I've seen so many videos explaining the theory, and to some extent I can apply it. However it still feels like absolutely alien witchcraft to me, so I'd like to see what direction some other people are going and if my thought processes are correct. With the default setup (only adjusted to like 65% braking power because the default setting is lockup hell) I can lap around 2:13.2. With my own setup I've been able to pull out a 2:12.0.<br>I guess if it's faster than the default then I'm going the right way, but right now I'm at a point where I don't know where to go further to find those 4 seconds I'm missing on the top guys&nbsp;<br><br>The only concern right now is hotlapping. I'm not looking for an endurance racing setup, I want something that's gonna make me go faster<br><br>What I've done up to now is mostly based on experimentation. I've slammed the differential power up to 90% and the coast down to 20% which seems like where I've made most of my gains in lap time, around half a second or more. Then I've tanked all the aero up to max, because I haven't really seen any sort of significant impact on top speed while experimenting, so I just went crazy and gained a couple of tenths with that. Then however I got stuck, I managed to come up with reasonable tyre pressures before I've done all the other stuff, but I didn't realise where the temperature indicator was in AC so I just went with what feels good and the theory I know. So to be quite honest I have no idea if they're correct or not, but what I have is 18psi LF, 21psi RF, 21psi LR, 23psi RR.<br>The final thing I did that I think still actually improved the car was lower the ride height as low as possible, and then add a couple of klicks back onto the rear to get more airflow over the rear wing. With this I've been able to do a 2:12.0.</p><p>What I haven't gotten my head around are alignment and suspension settings, seems like no matter what I do it has only a negative, or absolutely no impact on the car. Something I haven't touched at all are dampers as kerbs don't seem to be horrible on the car as far as I can tell so I didn't feel like I needed to adjust them, but who knows maybe I'm completely wrong here.<br>Just my thoughts so I'm not only asking for something, but also providing my two cents and some proof that I'm actually trying to learn here and not just nick other people's ideas&nbsp;</p><p><br></p>
Not everything is setup. It depends a lot on the braking points, and with this car in particular the moment to change the gear.
If you have run a race with the Radical, observe the onboard of the fastest drivers and try to imitate the paths.
It is the advice I can provide.
<p>This serries has locked setup, so the laptimes are made on default setup with only changes in brake balance and brake strenght but that will have minimal impact on laptimes. Overall you wanna go easy on brake, dont brake too late and too much, you wanna carry good speed trough the corner and be able to get on gas very early. Also dont downshift too much (if you go lower than 4 on this track, that is wrong). On this track you can easilly get away only going for 5 in some corners, every upshift on the straight will cost you extra time and topspeed. And of course do clean lines trough corners without upseting the car.<br></p>
Oh I didn't know the setups were locked Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Well in that case back to the drawing board. In some ways that makes everything a lot easier. No need to become an engineer, just have to practice more.
Thanks for the reply guys. But if anyone still wants to drop a setup I'll happily take it, It's useful to learn it either way.
Wow the way you drive this car is completely non-sensical. Like the opposite of what logic would dictate. If you drive like you're trying to make it bog down it actually goes faster, like I knew it didn't like to be revved all the way, but god damn did I not realize how much lower you needed to go. Being up one or two gears every corner to what I normally do just gives me free laptime. I just did a 2:11.6 in a couple of laps by following your advice Michal. I'm not sure I'm even happy with this because it feels so stupid Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin, but thanks a lot for your advice. Totally didn't expect it would work, but here we are.