Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Quality Racing Of Late
Video 
Both yesterday and today in The Lotus Exos race at Brands Hatch I have qualified in 2nd place, only to be taken out.  Today it was at the first hairpin, where Alberto Barquin Corrochano nudges my back end not once, but twice in mid turn, spinning me out.  I call it extremely amatuerish behavior.  He started in 8th position, obviously trying to get to the front... something he found impossible in qualifying.  I was looking forward to some close racing at the front, as there were some skilled guys in the first few rows on the grid.  Frustrating once again.
-- Joe.

Video:
report them
Hi Joe,

I know what you mean as I was taken out on the first lap of the MX5 series as I slowed a bit to avoid a potential crash, as did the car behind me who was then shunted by the car behind pushing me round. This third car then hits me again just as I have collected the slide, spinning me round.

I am thinking about reporting it, even though I don't think it was malicious, just inexperience as the driver has only 5 starts to his name. I think that this ill help him learn.

I was going to say the same in your case, as it looked like a driver who wasn't sure where the front of his car was, But Albert has had a number of races now and looking at his results should know better. To give him his due his racing to get up behind you was clean.

But I think I am in the"Report" camp, and let the admin decide what to do :-)
Hi Tim,

As I read your post, instantly reminded that race...

If you need the file for the protest, let me know.

It's hard... I know it is, I also took a hit on T1 that pushed me into gravel and made a spin.
People are not so worried because it's not a real car, it's only a game. 
I don't see it that way. Respect is top priority in my opinion and people should care more or else, the good drivers will leave.
I take by example our online communities in Portugal and "pub" servers. I get MAD at pub servers because! I remember my friends who introduced me to SRS telling me on TS3: "João, take it easy... breathe and move on!" And I did! Lost several places but it was (only) my 1st race on SRS.

J.
Thanks for the offer Joao ( Sorry don't know how to do the A ).

Just been looking at how to create the video and will probably create one today. As I said I don't believe it was deliberate, it was more inexperience. I think also it is an issue with the short races as it becomes more important to make places quickly.

Have to say that I have recently downloaded and installed the Helicorsa app and think it should be almost insisted on as it is so helpful. Much better than the little arrows as standard.
In my opinion there shouldn't be races where guy with 700 rating go against guy with 0 rating. And moreover I think that 24 people are to many in some races and because of that there are more and more incidents. When I drive with max 12-15 people on some races there are a lot less crashes.
Maybe there should be more rating limited races like the endurance races where you need at least 200 on your rating.

Though I think there should also be starter races with a maximum rateing.
Look what happened to me 4 days ago at the Lotus Exos race at Barcelona.  In the description of the video there is a link to my setup. Might help some of the newer drivers... If you have a poor setup then brakes lock, car is unbalanced, easier to lose control:
Have just tried the official Reporting system for the first time.  Will see what happens.

I agree the rating should be used. Why do we have it otherwise ? As far as I can see none of the current races are limited to drivers with a certain rating. Using the rating should motivate to drive clean and progress. If they want to race formula cars, they first have to prove they can drive clean with an MX 5 or GT3 for instance.