Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track limits on Red Bull Ring/Assetto Corsa
In all the races on other tracks it seems to me like most people stick to "gentlemen's rules" when it comes
to track limits. Most people don't cut corners or extend the track on corner entry.
But whenever I race on Red Bull Ring, everyone seems to completely ignore the white lines, especially
on corner entry to the first and second-to-last corner. I tried sticking to
the usual track limits, but doing that loses sooo much time.

What makes RBR different? Is there a consensus on what the "real" track limits are? 

Thanks in advance.
There was similar thread last season:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7232

But basically, makers of the track decide weather the cut is penalized or not. It's nothing special about RBR. Guys from Kunos decided that you don't gain anything with going wide and that's it. Or they just didn't care/test it enough.

So, IMO, there's no point in being gentlemen here, push the limits as far as the game allows you. Because if you won't somebody else sure will. With the exception of really big, absurd exploits, like completely ignoring chicane and not even trying to make it and stuff like that.
I noticed it too. Bad work on the part of Kunos, going very wide on the exit of the first and last corners is not penalized either. I think PC2 got it better. But am afraid that, as Igor said, these are too minor to warrant a protest and you should just do the same.
Been there today. Cuts gain around 1.2sec a lap. Many such tracks in AC.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
Quote:Or they just didn't care/test it enough.

This.

Just look at the penalty zones at Spa. Ugh.

So sad they never fixed those.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Can we please have an official comment on this. In the form of a sticky or something.

Either way something needs to be done. As half the racers go between the lines the other out of them.

ps. This was during the last half of Quali I parked here so few protests coming in against me (possibly)

*Broken rule 5 but for a good cause i hope
[Image: 2jSg64Y.jpg]
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
You ain't braking any rules, you're off track Big Grin   Angel