Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to join race after JOIN button disappear ??
Hello everyone,

I'm very new at SRS, and I had my first problem.

I had registered for a race (Dallara F317 at Nurburgring GP in Assetto Corsa), all ok.
While I was waiting for the race to start, I began practicing by myself the car and the circuit.

When I exited that own practice to join the race, it seems the JOIN button had disappeared yet (it was 2-3 minutes after the race start hour, of course).
I wasn't able to find a way to join the race. I think that we must have a way to join the server before the race itself starts. I mean that if there are 5 minutes of practice and 10 minutes of qualy, maybe could be possible to join the server while those practice and qualy are on. 

In the INSTRUCTIONS page, it says that if the JOIN button is not available, you must find the servers list in the lobby in order to join the race for what you are registered. Specifically, it says :
"The Join button will appear on the last 03:00 (three minutes). After that period you may try to join by searching SimRacingSystem servers on the lobyy."
But I haven't been able to find that server list on the web page or any other place. Anyone could provide a link or any way to find the servers once the JOIN button isn't available ??

Finally, I know that not joining this race is completely my own fault for not paying attention to the beginning hour and join in time.
But, if the instructions page say that you can join by finding the server list in the lobby, i would like to know how to access that server list.

Thanks in advance,
Joanpe
(12-15-2019, 02:41 PM)Joan P Garrido Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm very new at SRS, and I had my first problem.

I had registered for a race (Dallara F317 at Nurburgring GP in Assetto Corsa), all ok.
While I was waiting for the race to start, I began practicing by myself the car and the circuit.

When I exited that own practice to join the race, it seems the JOIN button had disappeared yet (it was 2-3 minutes after the race start hour, of course).
I wasn't able to find a way to join the race. I think that we must have a way to join the server before the race itself starts. I mean that if there are 5 minutes of practice and 10 minutes of qualy, maybe could be possible to join the server while those practice and qualy are on. 

In the INSTRUCTIONS page, it says that if the JOIN button is not available, you must find the servers list in the lobby in order to join the race for what you are registered. Specifically, it says :
"The Join button will appear on the last 03:00 (three minutes). After that period you may try to join by searching SimRacingSystem servers on the lobyy."
But I haven't been able to find that server list on the web page or any other place. Anyone could provide a link or any way to find the servers once the JOIN button isn't available ??

Finally, I know that not joining this race is completely my own fault for not paying attention to the beginning hour and join in time.
But, if the instructions page say that you can join by finding the server list in the lobby, i would like to know how to access that server list.

Thanks in advance,
Joanpe

Hi and welcome.

Sometimes when you click the register button, it seems that nothing has been done. In that case, just scroll up to the "RACE" tab and click on it and click on "race". Then you should see below the list of registered drivers, including yourself.
At this point, you will be seeing a black button that says "Quit", in case you want to redraw your registration.

When the clock hits 3 minutes left, the black "Quit" button will be replace for the green on that says "Join", and you have those 3 minutes to click on it, to get into the server.
Sometimes during those 3 minutes, that same "Join" button may disappear...in that case, you must repeat the same procedure and scroll up to the "RACE" tab and click "race". Then the "Join" button will appear, and you will be able to click on it and join the server.

If for some other reason you can't join using this method, then you can go and search the server online. Just type "SimracingSystem" and will be able to find it. Depending of the racing series, you mite find one single server or you can find up to 4 servers, that can take 20 drivers each if i'm not mistaken. And in that case your specific server will depend of you rating and position on the registration list.
If you don't seem to find the server online, try changing your server search options in order to find all servers available online. I'm sure you will find it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
https://ac.justrace.net/ <--- AC server browser for in your actual browser.

if you type 'simracingsystem' in the box in AC you should always find a server. Then it's just joining the correct one, like Afonso said. If you join a server, and you don't get in, look at the left bottom of the loading screen which will display a reason why you can't join.
Thank you very much Afonso and Kees !!!!!

I've done what you said and I've been able to find the SimracingSystem servers in AC.

Hope this could be helpful for other new members !!!!

See you at races,
Joanpe