Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHECKSUM Error
Bug 
I could not participate in the most recent F1 1991 race at Monza thanks to a checksum error. The message (I don't have a print, unfortunately) said that one of the GT cars from the RSS GT pack was missing.

I deleted the laucherdata (or something similarly named) folder from my documents but the same error persisted.

I tried to check the integrity of the files through Steam but the qualy session was well under way and I couldn't test to see if this method worked (probably wouldn't, Steam pointed to all of the files being correct.)

So, what should I do to solve this problem? Also, what steps should I take to test if any of the suggestions work?
Strange, deleting the launcherdata should actually fix that.

But in general, you shouldn't use the app to join the races, only use it to register for the races, but the join with the regular server viewer by searching for servers with the name "simracingsystem".
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Checksum error is an error you get once you get on the server and means you don't have the correct mod version. the only fix is to download the correct mod version.

The error saying you don't have some content that is not used on that race appears before entering the server. Deleting the launcherdata folder and restarting AC fixes it or simply join by AC lobby.

Which error did you got?
As it turns out this "problem" stems out of sheer stupidity on my part. Or bad timing. Or both.

I downloaded both cars November 22nd just for them to be updated the following day. I wrongly thought that I had the correct versions for the race.

The checksum error did indeed appear when I tried to launch the race, but as it was showing that an unrelated car was not installed and combining this with me thinking I had the correct versions installed I thought I had a non-exist bug occurring to me... Uninstalling the launcherdata folder fixed the checksum error but once I joined the server the screen would flash red with the message "CHECKSUM FAILED" and the game would (rightfully) close.

I'm currently in the process of uninstalling the outdated cars and installing the current ones.

All in all, I'm probably fine for the race tomorrow and my ego is in shambles LMAO.

(12-06-2019, 08:54 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Checksum error is an error you get once you get on the server and means you don't have the correct mod version. the only fix is to download the correct mod version.

The error saying you don't have some content that is not used on that race appears before entering the server. Deleting the launcherdata folder and restarting AC fixes it or simply join by AC lobby.

Which error did you got?

Thanks for the quick answer and sorry for kinda wasting your time. I was pretty confident I had the correct version but as it turns out I was wrong.

Another very quick question:

When am I not able to join a race? Can I still join the server mid qualy?

(12-06-2019, 08:43 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Strange, deleting the launcherdata should actually fix that.

But in general, you shouldn't use the app to join the races, only use it to register for the races, but the join with the regular server viewer by searching for servers with the name "simracingsystem".

Thanks for the tip, will start doing this method from now on.