Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Trusted racers"
An event like last Endurance series would fit with it: lmp1 and GT. I can’t even imagine how awesome it would be: aliens fighting each other. And we humans dreaming with taking part in it!
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
There used to be a 107% rule in F1 back in the mid 90s and also reintroduced in 2011. You had to be within 107% of the pole laptime in qualifying to be able to get on the grid and participate in the race. And there was a pure safety reason. Those cars require quick reactions and decisions anyway and are too fast to have big variations in performance on track. Especially with 26 cars on grid back then in the 90s. Otherwise it's like LMP1 cars coming around GT3, GT4 cars in the corners.

But I doubt that anything similar can be done with AC, without it being too complicated. A separate qualifying server being ran, then recording laptimes and according to that do the appropriate server assignment for drives? Is there a way that his can be automated that is acceptable and easy to SRS administration?

These recent endurance 2.4 hrs races at SRS had a good one. I was eligible but couldn't participate at those two particular days, but I think it was a good change and well done too.
The rating and standings grid are already saved and used in server placement, so saving the best lap time and using it, its probably possible.
The best times are saved as well already. The number of laps is probably there as well, just not shown.

Should be feasible to implement something like a minimum average lap time over a certain amount of completed laps thing.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
"Trusted racers" or "Champions" are very different competitions in concept.

Trusted Racers league will be dominated by 10-15 alien drivers, rest will be 2-4sec a lap slower, just like now.

Champions is easier to make, just restrict to 750+ rating cuz you can`t have this rating while being slow or a crasher.

Personally, I`d like to have more matchmade sessions since my rating is already too high for my driving skills.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
Quote:just restrict to 750+ rating

In last week's DRM race, only 2 people in the top 10 had a rating of more than 750 and I know from 9 of those 10 that they're good racers. Rating doesn't really say much.

Quote:Trusted Racers league will be dominated by 10-15 alien drivers, rest will be 2-4sec a lap slower, just like now.

But that's just how things are, isn't it?

My idea was about clean races and not necessarily about exciting ones (which doesn't mean that I don't want them to be exciting). I don't think you can really create exciting races with an algorithm unless you have participation like they have it at iRacing in Skippy series.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020