Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Views on exploiting the game??
From what I've seen, track builders can define the track limits which are then used by the sim. The server owner sets the server as either two wheels, all four wheels or no wheels allowed off those track limits - beyond the line. I think two wheels is pretty much realistic and most widespread in what we could see so far from real racing stewards judging and I think that's what is used here in SRS.

However, if this worries you, the best you can do is use some practice time and learn these track limits yourself before the actual event, what is tolerated and what isn't. And then try and do your best within that frame. Whatever the sim tells you, run like that. I'm pretty sure those people you've seen go off limits and using exploits in your opinion, have done that too. So then, compare your findings in an official practice/qualifying session and then roll with it and use it in the race itself. On some tracks like Chang for example, what I've seen is that the timing sessions are pretty rigorous and won't count your lap. But in the race it shows to be more forgiving and not giving people an actual slow down penalty.

Many new run off areas where grass used to be have been added in real life on tracks for safety reasons. Now there's no real use in sims, but it is what it is. We know this safety area adding to have become a trend in the last few decades, and is often tried to be exploited ever since in real life racing too. The problem is that in real racing you have live stewards to prevent and control this but the sim mostly just has preset automatic standards and that's it. This can become pretty frustrating at first. The speeds at which you exit the track and also rejoin have an effect on the sim's decision. But sometimes you can get into an incident, run off track and cut the chicane. Fairly recently I had a situation like this. I just regained control, did not accelerate through the grass, tried to keep it under control and rejoined the track at the chicane exit just in front of the guy I was battling with. But wasn't penalized by the sim because it registered it as not an advantage. I had a worse laptime. Probably also registered an incident prior to that, as being all wheels locked up and sliding out of control.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Views on exploiting the game?? - by Filip Stoyanovich - 11-21-2019, 01:09 AM