Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new racer
Hin I am a new sim racer and i am just starting to play asseto corsa. I have never been in a race or tried to compete against other people.
Can some people give me tips and what race class on SRS is best for beginers? Smile
Welcome! :-)

Watch "Surviving Rookies" on Youtube. It's made with oval footage from iRacing but it applies to every kind of motoracing. It teaches you how to avoid accidents.

Then watch the Sim Racing 101 series by empty box on Youtube. It teaches you basic driving techniques and how to behave around other people on a race track.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(11-17-2019, 09:07 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  ¡Bienvenido! :-)

Mira "Surviving Rookies" en Youtube. Está hecho con imágenes ovaladas de iRacing, pero se aplica a todo tipo de motoracing. Te enseña a evitar accidentes.

Luego mira la serie Sim Racing 101 por caja vacía en Youtube. Le enseña técnicas básicas de manejo y cómo comportarse con otras personas en una pista de carreras.
Todo el mundo empieza alguna vez .entra en linea y no clasifiques.sales atras en race y poco a poco vas haciendo tu race intenta no luchar con los que te sacan varios segundos y veras que poco a poco siempre encuentra alguien en tus tiempos .lucha con ellos limpiamente y el tiempo te pone en tu lugar .y ya iras mejorando
(11-17-2019, 09:07 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Welcome! :-)

Watch "Surviving Rookies" on Youtube. It's made with oval footage from iRacing but it applies to every kind of motoracing. It teaches you how to avoid accidents.

Then watch the Sim Racing 101 series by empty box on Youtube. It teaches you basic driving techniques and how to behave around other people on a race track.

Thank you very much Simon , I'll try to watch it

(11-18-2019, 08:48 AM)Carlos G Velazquez Wrote:  
(11-17-2019, 09:07 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  ¡Bienvenido! :-)

Mira "Surviving Rookies" en Youtube. Está hecho con imágenes ovaladas de iRacing, pero se aplica a todo tipo de motoracing. Te enseña a evitar accidentes.

Luego mira la serie Sim Racing 101 por caja vacía en Youtube. Le enseña técnicas básicas de manejo y cómo comportarse con otras personas en una pista de carreras.
Todo el mundo empieza alguna vez .entra en linea y no clasifiques.sales atras en race y poco a poco vas haciendo tu race intenta no luchar con los que te sacan varios segundos y veras que poco a poco siempre encuentra alguien en tus tiempos .lucha con ellos limpiamente y el tiempo te pone en tu lugar .y ya iras mejorando

Sorry, I can't understand Spanish.
https://translate.google.es/

ya me gustaria hablar ingles, frances y demas pero no es es caso
I am what people would call pretty new to sim racing in general. I have only had about 10/12 online races in my lifetime. I am also pretty old to be getting into this at 63 years of age. Anyway out of the 10/12 races I have had, I only had 2 incidents all told. One was because I was leading and go so exited, I spun out on a turn. I then waited until the field passed me and then carried on. What I find helps me is to know the track I am racing on as well as I can, for instance raceroom has the AIA GP track up this week and I dont know the track at all. So I will spend this week practicing on next weeks track Suzuka GP. Preparation before a race seems to pay off in the end, that's my two cents such as it is.
Bonjour Morgan.

My two cents worth of advice is always the same: for the first month on SRS DO NOT COMPETE! Just try to avoid incidents, even if it means starting from last in the grid, or starting from pits. In doing so, just focusing on driving clean and avoiding accidents, you will often end up in the top 10 at the end of the race. Your rating will come up quickly. And yo will learn a lot. If you are serious about sim racing on SRS, your incident rating counts MUCH more than your position at the end of the race. With low incident race your driver rating will grow quickly, and you will soon find yourself with better drivers in serer 1. Respect from other drivers is WAY more important that results. By building respect, results will come. Welcome.