Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More acessible RRRE Series
Why not make RRRE series accessible to more people?
I ´m seeing some random track and car choices that does not make much sense. Car/ Tracks that are not on the same package or not very popular.
Its not like asseto corsa where people can just download missing mods. I´d never purchase content I don't have that is not on sale just to join a SRS race.

Why not make some series with content of the same pack so people more likely to join?
And also take advantage of multiclass system to have more people interested and singing in the same races. So more players per race.

Free Content Series -  5 minutes qualify - 10 minutes races.
Multi-class P1,P2, Aquila - Sepang/Portimao/Raceroom Raceway - GP
Silhuete Series - Sepang/Portimao/Raceroom Raceway - GP
JUDD at Lakeview Hillclimb

Formula Raceroom JR - Stowe/RaceRoom - Bridge

Then make a starter pack series
7 minutes qualify - 15 minutes races.
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 At Laguna Seca/Portimao/Suzuka/Zadvoort/Hockenheimring/Sepang (This would attract a lot of people I think) Big Grin
Tattus F4 At Brands Hatch/Portimao/Suzuka/Hockenheimring/Sepang

Same could be make for the pro pack 10 minutes qualify - 20 minutes races.
Formula X17 - On any of the starter / free / pro pack tracks (SPA ,Nuburgring, etc..)
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 - On any of the starter / free / pro pack tracks (SPA ,Nuburgring, etc..)

These two could even be daily races.
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 - SPA
Formula X17 - SPA

Sorry if posting this on the wrong place.
SRS is great with Asseto Corsa but i think the combo choices does not fit RRRE since content is sold in packs.
But I guess its not hard for admins (that register the series) to change and improve it. Rolleyes
Cant say its something i have thought about but its not a bad idea to look at the packs that are available for race room and try to make the series around that sometimes.
I think the biggest issue is that there are only a handful of free tracks and one of them (raceroom raceway) is fictional and from what I've heard SRS doesnt want to run fictional content.

but i do like the idea.
(11-14-2019, 06:46 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  Cant say its something i have thought about but its not a bad idea to look at the packs that are available for race room and try to make the series around that sometimes.
I think the biggest issue is that there are only a handful of free tracks and one of them (raceroom raceway) is fictional and from what I've heard SRS doesnt want to run fictional content.

but i do like the idea.

I understand, I don´t think that is a issue.

Free Content Tracks: Algarve, Sepang, Stowe
Starter Pack Tracks: Free tracks + Brands Hatch (Indy only), Zandvoort, Hockenheimring, Mazda Laguna Seca, Suzuka Circuit

If not counting Stowe and Brands Hatch Indy, that's 6 very good tracks from free+ starter pack most players should have these.

Pro pack Tracks: Free + Starter + Macau, Mid Ohio, Oschersleben, Nordschleife, Norisring, Nürburgring, Red Bull Ring Spielberg, Sachsenring, Sonoma Raceway, Spa-Francorchamps

And Most sold track according to the store:
SPA, Monza, Dubai, Blister Berg, etc...

I really think that going multiclass on the RRRE Series would get a lot more RRRE racers into SRS.
I posted the same idea on RRRE reddit and it got quite a few upvotes, tho no comments.
would really love some multiclass race but then it have to be longer like 45 min or 1hour races
(11-19-2019, 07:15 PM)Jim Eriksen Wrote:  would really love some multiclass race but then it have to be longer like 45 min or 1hour races

I don´t see why we can't have both a beginner/starter series with 10-20 minute races, based on free/starter content. Free+Starter pack has GT1,GT2, GT3, LMP1, LMP2 cars.

And longer endurance races based on content that most of older and more hardcore sim racers would have anyway Monza, SPA, etc.

A admin could probably check what RRRE Series are actually the most popular and at what times and keep those as well.
Well that's considering they think it´s worth invest their time and resources in hosting RRRE for a wider audience.
I know SRS is like 90% AC. Nothing wrong with it. But would love to see it grow more.

My short SRS experience has been as good if not better than my short iRacing 3 month Trial I´m doing at the moment as well. (Too expensive to continue tho)
(11-19-2019, 08:12 PM)Vitor Arbex Wrote:  
(11-19-2019, 07:15 PM)Jim Eriksen Wrote:  would really love some multiclass race but then it have to be longer like 45 min or 1hour races

I don´t see why we can't have both a beginner/starter series with 10-20 minute races, based on free/starter content. Free+Starter pack has GT1,GT2, GT3, LMP1, LMP2 cars.

And longer endurance races based on content that most of older and more hardcore sim racers would have anyway Monza, SPA, etc.

A admin could probably check what RRRE Series are actually the most popular and at what times and keep those as well.
Well that's considering they think it´s worth invest their time and resources in hosting RRRE for a wider audience.
I know SRS is like 90% AC. Nothing wrong with it. But would love to see it grow more.

My short SRS experience has been as good if not better than my short iRacing 3 month Trial I´m doing at the moment as well. (Too expensive to continue tho)
you are spot on and off course there could be something for every body and would allso love to see many more race RRRE it could be very fun and great and i my self has raced iracing in 6-7 month but i was reach a point whrer in life i could not afford for a couple of years, but if there come more racers to RRRE i would not bother with iracing again because i simply love the way  RRRE drives and there i can for the most catch the car with feeling in my cheap sterring wheel Wink
(11-13-2019, 01:03 AM)Vitor Arbex Wrote:  Why not make RRRE series accessible to more people?
I ´m seeing some random track and car choices that does not make much sense. Car/ Tracks that are not on the same package or not very popular.
Its not like asseto corsa where people can just download missing mods. I´d never purchase content I don't have that is not on sale just to join a SRS race.

Why not make some series with content of the same pack so people more likely to join?
And also take advantage of multiclass system to have more people interested and singing in the same races. So more players per race.

Free Content Series -  5 minutes qualify - 10 minutes races.
Multi-class P1,P2, Aquila - Sepang/Portimao/Raceroom Raceway - GP
Silhuete Series - Sepang/Portimao/Raceroom Raceway - GP
JUDD at Lakeview Hillclimb

Formula Raceroom JR - Stowe/RaceRoom - Bridge

Then make a starter pack series
7 minutes qualify - 15 minutes races.
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 At Laguna Seca/Portimao/Suzuka/Zadvoort/Hockenheimring/Sepang (This would attract a lot of people I think) Big Grin
Tattus F4 At Brands Hatch/Portimao/Suzuka/Hockenheimring/Sepang

Same could be make for the pro pack 10 minutes qualify - 20 minutes races.
Formula X17 - On any of the starter / free / pro pack tracks (SPA ,Nuburgring, etc..)
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 - On any of the starter / free / pro pack tracks (SPA ,Nuburgring, etc..)

These two could even be daily races.
Multi-class GTR1, GTR2 & GTR3 - SPA
Formula X17 - SPA

Sorry if posting this on the wrong place.
SRS is great with Asseto Corsa but i think the combo choices does not fit RRRE since content is sold in packs.
But I guess its not hard for admins (that register the series) to change and improve it. Rolleyes
I think is a very good suggestion. It would be nice races with hillclimb icons, may be 15 minutes races.
If you think about improving R3E popularity, you tend to get in a vicious circle. For example if you want to attract league racers, than you need longer races. But if you would schedule longer races right now these slots will probably remain empty, and than there is no reason for the league racers to join.

First of all I like your idea. But if you take for example the "Starter Pack", that series would run the same tracks over and over. That would be nice for people to try out R3E, but you need a lot of starters to make it work, because after one series they would probably do one of the following two:
1) Stick with R3E and buy the Premium pack
2) Stop using R3E
both resulting in not driving the starter series again. Same vicious circle.

Multiclass series, sounds nice, but you need even more people for that. Not to speak of the probable incident count increase, as single class seems to be hard as it is already.

These are some points I think why the grow of the R3E community here at SRS is slow

R3E relative new in SRS
Established AC user base
R3E drivers are in leagues
Only 20 minute races
SimTubers make the most content for AC and IRacing
Price can not compete with AC

I think the popularity is starting to grow slowly, and hopefully at some point the vicious circle is overcome by the amount of people playing R3E. So it probably is time what it takes.
I don't think the car/track combos are picked randomly, for R3E I think they try to pick some tracks that are popular and pick some other nice tracks that are maybe not that popular but are really fun to drive on as soon as you get familiar with it.

At the moment I use the srs discord channel to "advertise" about the race I want to play, and hopefully get some drivers interested, I think it has some effect. Just found out there is a sector3 raceroom channel as well, I think I will be posting those there as well.

At the moment GTR3 at 20:00 GMT is the most popular, and has produced some good racing for me.
(11-21-2019, 12:21 PM)Maarten Bakker Wrote:  If you think about improving R3E popularity, you tend to get in a vicious circle. For example if you want to attract league racers, than you need longer races. But if you would schedule longer races right now these slots will probably remain empty, and than there is no reason for the league racers to join.

First of all I like your idea. But if you take for example the "Starter Pack", that series would run the same tracks over and over. That would be nice for people to try out R3E, but you need a lot of starters to make it work, because after one series they would probably do one of the following two:
1) Stick with R3E and buy the Premium pack
2) Stop using R3E
both resulting in not driving the starter series again. Same vicious circle.

Multiclass series, sounds nice, but you need even more people for that. Not to speak of the probable incident count increase, as single class seems to be hard as it is already.

These are some points I think why the grow of the R3E community here at SRS is slow

R3E relative new in SRS
Established AC user base
R3E drivers are in leagues
Only 20 minute races
SimTubers make the most content for AC and IRacing
Price can not compete with AC

I think the popularity is starting to grow slowly, and hopefully at some point the vicious circle is overcome by the amount of people playing R3E. So it probably is time what it takes.
I don't think the car/track combos are picked randomly, for R3E I think they try to pick some tracks that are popular and pick some other nice tracks that are maybe not that popular but are really fun to drive on as soon as you get familiar with it.

At the moment I use the srs discord channel to "advertise" about the race I want to play, and hopefully get some drivers interested, I think it has some effect. Just found out there is a sector3 raceroom channel as well, I think I will be posting those there as well.

At the moment GTR3 at 20:00 GMT is the most popular, and has produced some good racing for me.

Gearing up for R3e here.  Will be joining in the near future.
would be fun if there could be a race once a week with free content so people could dip their toes into the game, doesnt have to be 2.4hour long race or even an hour, 20-40min would be nice too.

really anything, just a race once a week so people can get a feel for the game in a real race situation and not just public lobbies or hotlapping.