Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
At some point (pun not intended), it is not about the incident points. It is about the racing experience. In real life, racing does have 'trading paint' bumps and over aggressive driving and dumbass decisions in the heat of the moment, but there is more and timely accountability for your actions in comparison to sim racing. If someone in F1 pushes someone wide, it is reviewed by the stewards during the race. That isn't even an incident in our world. When you sim race and there are 70- 100 actual contact incidents in one 20 minute race, that changes the racing experience. My personal experience is that I really enjoy tight, clean races where incidents are accidental and much more rare due to the respect that exists between drivers. I realize that not all sim racers share that view! Solutions, so far, have not worked....minorating and KMR in AC, SRS incident points/rating etc have all tried to solve the problem and with marginal success at best. I get why SRS does not jump around trying to solve the problem. So...for now, it is really up to the drivers to self regulate under the existing rules and that means filing protests, contacting those who have done ya wrong and trying to move the needle a bit more towards less trashy racing. And random drug testing too @Jim C Russell Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's an acceptable average incident number? - by Don Debienne - 11-14-2019, 01:00 AM