Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
Very good point. I was thinking about this for quite a bit. While I do agree that we shouldn't penalize unintentional accidents less, I do think that we should penalize griefers more. In the end the result would be the same both ways, but it just honestly is unfair that if I slightly bump into someone when racing door-to-door with all respect, I get penalized the same way a person who crashes intentionally or doesn't respect other drivers does. 

But it's probably close to impossible to differentiate for the system, if it accounted for the delta speed between the cars, it would result in: 
1) The victim getting penalized heftily for something they aren't responsible for
2) The griefers learning to do PIT maneuvers where the delta speed could be non-existent

There surely is a way to do it better (iRacing has it really good), but honestly at that point it's just complaining about minor details in software that's incredibly rich and powerful considering it's completely free and provides us with generally high-quality racing.

To me the detection system works ok and it's great for a system which is completely free, maybe it's just a bit too much sensitive (today during DRM i have been bumped very lightly, it hasn't affected mine or the other driver's race in any way but we both got 1 accident) but i like it.

To me there is a way to improve the system without making big changes: depending on the series, incidents should be penalized in different ways: in a series like TCR, door-to-door bumps should be allowed or cost 1 point per incident (assuming that all people race cleanly, and good part of this community does it).
In Formula 1 or open wheels, they should cost more since a single touch can damage the aerodynamic of the car (another option could be lowering the damage sensitivity to ~30%).

About incident average, i don't judge other drivers basing on it because for many people, accidents are mostly due to other people driving without any respect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's an acceptable average incident number? - by Andrea Papasodaro - 11-12-2019, 01:33 AM