Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
(11-11-2019, 03:36 AM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  Remember that incidents take away from your total score for the race.. so you may battle and crash into somebody to get one more position but it's all negated by INCS.  You lose 3pts for every INCS.. So you may dive bomb and plow into a few other cars trying to take P10 but then you lost 15pts off your total. Better to stay clean and get your points.. especially when you're new to SRS and trying to get your rating up so you can be in the top splits for popular races. Just my 2 cents.

Oh definitely agree with that. Being overconfident and aggressive when you aren't a very good racer is a recipe for disaster and a poor race for everyone involved.

(11-10-2019, 02:02 PM)Andrea Papasodaro Wrote:  To me, it's not important how many accidents but the reason behind it: if it's just a bump it's ok, but it happened that people made pit maneuvers or rejoin track without watching.
Unfortunately, independently by the accident, it always subtracts 3 points per incident from the leaderboard and this can be frustrating when the accident is a little bump.

Very good point. I was thinking about this for quite a bit. While I do agree that we shouldn't penalize unintentional accidents less, I do think that we should penalize griefers more. In the end the result would be the same both ways, but it just honestly is unfair that if I slightly bump into someone when racing door-to-door with all respect, I get penalized the same way a person who crashes intentionally or doesn't respect other drivers does. 

But it's probably close to impossible to differentiate for the system, if it accounted for the delta speed between the cars, it would result in: 
1) The victim getting penalized heftily for something they aren't responsible for
2) The griefers learning to do PIT maneuvers where the delta speed could be non-existent

There surely is a way to do it better (iRacing has it really good), but honestly at that point it's just complaining about minor details in software that's incredibly rich and powerful considering it's completely free and provides us with generally high-quality racing.

(11-10-2019, 09:26 PM)Jason Whetton Wrote:  Do the servers take into consideration the inc rating of a driver, i thought it was just based on number booked and rating?

If I understand right, it doesn't need to consider the avg. inc rating, because that's already accounted for in the rating. Sure, that could be abused by someone crashing their way to pole, resulting in high points even through being a griefer, but at that point the person would most likely get manually banned.
To finish first, first you have to finish
AC, i5-6400, RX580, G27, single 24" monitor (relying on CrewChief and Helicorsa), hopefully VR in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's an acceptable average incident number? - by Matej Macak - 11-11-2019, 07:29 PM