Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
It depends. I think that 2 or less should mean that you're very clean driver. But large average doesn't necessary mean that you are dirty. At least I hope so Big Grin I like to think of myself very clean/respectful but I still have around 3.1. Just this week I did 10ish F3 races and racked up so many incidents and I, IMHO, wasn't to blame for a single one.

It looks like the only way to have more or less clean race is to qualify at the very front and run away with the fast guys while the plebs do their best impression of Hunger Games. But even then it's not a guarantee. Once I started 5th, got clean start, and in T1 one guy plowed through half of field, myself included. He hit me, I hit another car, and one more hit me. Boom, 3 incidents, 15 seconds into the race. I couldn't go any faster because I was like .1 behind the guy in front, I left plenty of space, but still didn't help. I can't think of what more can you do to avoid everything. Maybe start from the pit, wait until everybody spins out, try to navigate through the carnage and after that just don't fight with anybody, just let them by. But is it really racing if you're just crusing and lifting off as soon as somebody shows in your mirrors? I even started doing that, giving up positions when I see somebody I don't recognize or know/see that they are too aggressive and it could end up badly. But there will still be situations where somebody will try to send it to the inside from 1 second behind, Danny Ricc style, forgetting that they are not really Danny Ricc.

It's just so easy to collect them. But it's not too late for you to bring it down, when you don't have many starts. Maintaining that is another thing Big Grin For example, I'm so deep down rabbit hole that I should do next 100 races without any, to bring it below 2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's an acceptable average incident number? - by Igor Relja - 11-10-2019, 03:54 PM