Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
(02-12-2020, 06:06 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  Yes Pasha, but reckless lapped drivers are only an example of weird behaviours. Numbers are useful to me and I would like everybody trust in numbers to improve their behavious in race. If you reward clean drivers with access to split 1, for example. ACC demands you to have a high Safety Rating to get into official races, and I think that's the right way. First of all you must try to be clean, next you can try to be fast. Maybe I am quite alone thinking this way, probably you all are right. The thing is not if AC is just "a game" to have fun, (almost) every us know it is not important enough to get angry with incidents and similar stuff; in my opinion the thing is if we want to ask for a better AC's experience and strenghten this awesome system and its comunity Smile
I think you're right. We can't make every race perfectly safe but there are some clearly dangerous drivers who could be extracted from top servers to make the whole system work better. I have a specific idea on how SRS could execute this plan which I'll post in the suggestions section soon. If you have a specific idea you should post it there too, otherwise this is just a pointless complaint thread.

And to answer the OP's question, since Henrique has an Incident Rate of 1.000000 I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that's an acceptable IR! Big Grin
unsportsmanlike conduct and wreckers are unacceptable in all splits, not just the first one.

There is a tool called protest form, use it!
(02-12-2020, 09:22 AM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  After reading  your description about how SRS works, probably I had  more expectations in SRS than I would have. I thought it was an organized racing system with championships more than “organized public server”. I consider your point of view, it’s ok, but your description simplifies a lot the work behind this complex rating system and it doesn’t justice it.

I could add in that it also serves as a way to compete for Championships with a point system, allows a really user friendly method of exchanging car liveries, has a pretty cool forum community, and a great number of other things. But none of THOSE things are relevant to the discussion of "What's an acceptable average incident number?"

The point I was trying to make is that there is no number that really makes a difference in the grand scheme. Try not to get into incidents, and report drivers that are asshats, and you'll enjoy your time here. Fret too much about it, and it'll just make you angry.

(02-12-2020, 07:44 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  unsportsmanlike conduct and  wreckers are unacceptable in all splits, not just the first one.

There is a tool called protest form, use it!

This. And just to give a shout out... I've submitted two protests in the last 7 days. Reviews and penalties dished out between 1 and 3 days! This turn around time is simply wonderful and further incentivizes me to report bad conduct whenever I see it, and not just when it directly impacts me during a race. Props to you (and any helpers you might have) for the quick work.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I agree Sergio, bad actors should be dealt with, and as our fearless leader has stated, there are processes to deal with them. The existing rating system does tend to sort these things out over time. It just doesn't provide that immediate remedy when you're stuck with someone you know will be dangerous. This league is continuing to improve, and as long as we continue to talk out the issues like this, we can help to grow it together.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth