Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange missing file
hello everyone. i don't know why but skoda octavia cup race wants to find files of gt vortex.
(11-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Ilia Ivanov Wrote:  hello everyone. i don't know why but skoda octavia cup race wants to find files of gt vortex.

Hapend to me yesterder... I deleted launcherdata folder at mydocs/assetto corsa, and work again.
The 100% way to prevent this from EVER happening, is to not use the Join button. Just register for the race, as usual, and then join the server manually via the server browser by searching for servers with the string "simracingsystem". You never get that error when joining using the server browser.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
thanks for answers
(11-09-2019, 11:06 AM)Ilia Ivanov Wrote:  thanks for answers

you can also just restart Content manager, it goes away, then join
I've started getting same error even though I don't even own RSS GT pack. No big deal, I can still join manually, and it doesn't effect my races in anyway. But if anybody has any other ideas, feel free to share them Big Grin

I've already tried deleting launcherdata and usual maintenance things like restarting PC/CM, clearing cache... Only thing I don't want to do is clean installation of AC. I'd rather continue joining through the lobby than install all the mods again Big Grin
(11-08-2019, 11:19 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  The 100% way to prevent this from EVER happening, is to not use the Join button. Just register for the race, as usual, and then join the server manually via the server browser by searching for servers with the string "simracingsystem". You never get that error when joining using the server browser.

I do this, and as a beginner, I know I'll always be in the last server, but what when I get my points higher and will not be sure if I should be doing the race on the first, second, third or fourth server? Will it kick me if I join the wrong one? Can I see the server I got assigned to?
To finish first, first you have to finish
AC, i5-6400, RX580, G27, single 24" monitor (relying on CrewChief and Helicorsa), hopefully VR in the future.
It will kick you, but you can then join different one until you get it right. You can also count where are you at the "registered" list. Usually there are 23 drivers per server, unless the track has less pit boxes. I think only Zandvoort has less, out of those we frequently use here.
(11-11-2019, 09:44 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  It will kick you, but you can then join different one until you get it right. You can also count where are you at the "registered" list. Usually there are 23 drivers per server, unless the track has less pit boxes. I think only Zandvoort has less, out of those we frequently use here.

Ohh, I didn't realize the registered driver list is sorted by driver rating. Thanks!
To finish first, first you have to finish
AC, i5-6400, RX580, G27, single 24" monitor (relying on CrewChief and Helicorsa), hopefully VR in the future.
Not just rating, it also takes previous results in that series into consideration. First week is just rating, later championship standings + rating. So it's possible to see somebody with lower rating who has participated more in that series get pushed to server 1 at the expense of somebody with high rating, but only joining series in later weeks.

But yeah, just count the people above you when registration closes (5 minutes before the race) and you'll know in which split you are.