Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1991 Formula 1 Series
Thanks to ASR Formula and VRC, we have a good amount of different manufacturers to race with for a 1991 Formula 1 series. All the mods are free as well and we would be able to choose from the Jordan 191, Ferrari 643, McLaren MP4/6, and Williams FW14.

I'm not the biggest fan of driving open wheelers of this speed in a series, but this is definitely intriguing.

And to add to this post, after looking up the 1991 F1 season, there are a number of awesome tracks we could choose from to imitate the season. The 6 I would personally choose and that can be both found on Race Department and as Kunos Content would be Spa, Barcelona, Monza, Suzuka, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, and Silverstone.
+1

We had a Jordan 191 series about 1,5 years ago already. Would be amazing to repeat that or something similar (ideally in a weekend series, so people can get used to the cars on friday and we can have proper races on saturday and sunday).

Mixing the cars wouldn't work though, I think. At least I am way quicker with the Ferrari than with the others (a couple of seconds). The Jordan is the second fastest of the bunch, if I remember correctly.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
In all fairness, the DRM cars weren't exactly balanced either and that was still a really fun series. I think SRS should look into adding ballast to certain cars during certain series.

And one more thing, when looking at cars from that era and prior, BOP wasn't exactly a thing... Whenever there is a group C series, everyone basically goes with the 962 shorttail. I really don't mind a lack of BOP as that lacking is a realistic thing.
and there we have it, nice! Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Haha, would you look at that! Wonder if they had it planned all along!?
I think so, they would have done that in just two days or so Big Grin

And I'm quite abit faster in the Williams now, btw ;-)
I wish they had featured all 3 cars from ASR as I think I like the McLaren the most. I'll probably be driving the Ferrari during the season though as that engine note speaks to me hahaha
so bummed...!!! checksum error and tried everything to get back in... Sad
Love these cars... got all of them ASR cars. I hope I make it this weekend for a race. Too bad McLaren isn't included too.

Rob, try to see if you've got both of these cars' latest versions from ASR since they've been updated fairly recently just before this season was announced I think.
Yup, operator error! Discovered left-over files from an original installation a year ago.... didn't delete the directory first!
Fingers crossed that was the problem :Big Grin
And... I only lost 1 point for the DNF instead of the 3 I was expecting  Cool