Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Race schedule for November 2019?
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  That sounds completely odd to me. All the cars/tracks used are typically free downloads on RaceDepartment or existing Kunos content. As far as I know, there's no "permission" required to run what is essentially public server races with a particular car and/or track. Especially since this is a free service.

My guess is that the racing series are announced whenever the administration gets around to it once he's got the youtuber's car and track choices, and really nothing more than that. Maybe it's the youtubers' fault it is always so late. Big Grin

I imagine one big time saver would be to not bother with the photoshoppery of the announcement poster. I think a big table would be easier to construct and easier for users to parse.

European copyright laws are very strict and outdated (fair use sadly isn't a thing here). I could imagine that SRS could get into trouble for offering races with pirated material.

I don't think those claims would stick, but I would avoid dealing with pointless legal claims as well.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020

Messages In This Thread
RE: Race schedule for November 2019? - by Simon Meisinger - 11-01-2019, 12:48 PM