Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitting
Hi everyone,

I just took part in my first 1 hour GT3 race at Mosport. It had a mandatory pitstop.

I pitted within the time window and added fuel and changed tyres. I was given a penalty (not sure why) after pitting.

When the pit window timer ran down I was kicked from the race with no warning?

Is this a bug or did I do something stupid? I was doing OK in the race too.

Cheers,

Ben
(10-23-2019, 09:26 PM)Ben Nash Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I just took part in my first 1 hour GT3 race at Mosport. It had a mandatory pitstop.

I pitted within the time window and added fuel and changed tyres. I was given a penalty (not sure why) after pitting.

When the pit window timer ran down I was kicked from the race with no warning?

Is this a bug or did I do something stupid? I was doing OK in the race too.

Cheers,

Ben
When I make a setup I notice that car height becomes yellow or red if the car is too low.
Since 1h races require max fuel load, maybe the car was too low due to fuel weight and so illegal.

I'm not entirely sure but it might be a possibility.
I think it was just a case of the pitting not being recorded. I've done some tests with AI and I think the way I accessed the pit menu was wrong. I never saw the top down view of the crew working on the car.

I think I was the problem :0, but I still pitted and did what was needed.
If you were given a penatly after the pit, that looks like a tow rather than actually stopping at your pitbox. I think it doesn't count as a proper stop, hence the black flag.
If you enter the pitlane before the pitwindow starts, even if the car gets worked on during the pitwindow it doesnt count.
if you just drive through the pitlane it doesnt count.
if you overshoot or stop to early for your box your crew doesnt work on your car either.
you cant speed in the pitlane but you can screw up the pitstop anyway.
(10-24-2019, 04:32 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  If you enter the pitlane before the pitwindow starts, even if the car gets worked on during the pitwindow it doesnt count.

How do we know that we are in a pitwindow open ?

Maybe it's obvious in session but I didn't have done a hour race at this moment and I'm gonna do it in the near future, so I would like to know.

Thanks
Thanks guys,

I've sorted it. It was the way I accessed the pit menu. I'd never done a proper online race pit stop before.

Seb Niners, If you are racing in an SRS 1 hour the pit window timer comes up at the top of the screen next to the standard countdown timer.

Thanks,

Ben
(10-25-2019, 12:47 PM)Ben Nash Wrote:  Seb Niners, If you are racing in an SRS 1 hour the pit window timer comes up at the top of the screen next to the standard countdown timer.

Thank you, Ben. Wink

Seb